Ruger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Something I had forgotten. In the 1990's I used to go scuba diving in the Bahamas with a couple of guys who made a good deal of money developing GPS tracking systems for ship, rail, and truck cargo containers. One of their concerns, even back then, was insiders could use the system to locate desired cargos for theft. It would even be possible for an insider to arrange for a cargo to be sidelined to a deserted location.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Maybe - Not that I think so......... - It was stolen by a 3 letter gubber for "sleepy cells" to be awaken by the morning sun very soon. I hear they can reek havoc in several cities all at once. I imagine it would make the population fear greatly and accept all kind of BS control. Of course I do not think this or am I saying this. Just the word out on the street from crazy ass people....... Some people and their crazy thoughts, right? Not me. I think everything is going great and the economy is roaring with no inflation. The furture is very bright......
And the plannedemic is now over..... cause they said its over.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
The cargo limit of a semi trailer or a container is 40k pounds. A million rounds is about that much. To get one off a rail flat car, you need a crane in a special "intermodal" yard that's busy 24/7 and probably secured. Nobody's going to manually move 40K pounds of boxes from a container still on a flat car, and it would take way too much time. Cops would look for guys with new hernias.

I'm betting three containers, no more than 3 mil rounds total, already on wheels, maybe even already hitched up, or they had their own (stolen?) trucks. Maybe other trucks were in the way of what they wanted. More time. Most semis these days have GPS location. Once stolen trucks are missed, they can be found in minutes.

Reactions: Bepe

·
"The Real Deal"
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hey tacky about 30 to 35 years ago in Chatham county in N.C., a whole tractor trailer and I know of one but maybe 2 pickup loads of weed was stolen but never recovered there! Funny how we had sheriffs retiring not long after and a lot of the police force started major upgrades to their homes like in ground pool’s and fully paved driveway’s, new Harley’s, etc. It was blamed in a few people to cover their tracks but I’m sorry some of us aren’t stupid!!! You couldn’t afford everything that they did in 6 months on their salary. Not in the 80’s by a cop!
Don't remember it, but things that make you go HMMMM...

·
"The Real Deal"
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Wait.. on second thought, IF they had a wife like mine, AND they knew about "being flagged for over purchase"......
I could kind of see a band of brothers pulling it off....

J/k it was not me. It has taken me weeks and much dicsiplin not to shoot through 3 million rounds.
I wonder if they make a 9mm minigun? 9 million rounds would give......25 hours of brrrrrrrrrrtttttt. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 at 6000 rpms.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I wonder if they make a 9mm minigun? 9 million rounds would give......25 hours of brrrrrrrrrrtttttt. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 at 6000 rpms.
I always thought a .22lr minigun would be pretty cool. The rotating barrels would keep it running if there were any FTFs, and there couldn't be an malfunctions related to underpowered rounds. You could feed several thousand from a backpack unit, and the weight would be very reasonable.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
Who gets to put the belts together? How many weeks would it take? How do you get the 180 tons of belt to the range? That's a lot of pick-up loads.
Worst, who's gonna clean up all that waist deep brass?....o_O
Let us know when you get it figured out.....:)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Who gets to put the belts together? How many weeks would it take? How do you get the 180 tons of belt to the range? That's a lot of pick-up loads.
Worst, who's gonna clean up all that waist deep brass?....o_O
Let us know when you get it figured out.....:)
Well, there'd be a lot of people who'd want to fire it, so people could exchange belt assembly time for trigger time. As for clean-up, a Bobcat with a front-end loader would do the trick.

·
"The Real Deal"
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I always thought a .22lr minigun would be pretty cool. The rotating barrels would keep it running if there were any FTFs, and there couldn't be an malfunctions related to underpowered rounds. You could feed several thousand from a backpack unit, and the weight would be very reasonable.
You've seen predator and ole painless too many times... 🤣 🤣 🤣

21 - 40 of 57 Posts