Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Wobbly and inconsistent in my experience, is MacGyvering still the most viable option? Just bought another 2-pack and they still fit all loose like they were 3-4 years ago although I have noticed that I am able to cycle through both magazines without a single stove pipe if I hold steady and pause for a half second or so after a three or four round "burst", although that is probably just due to me having more experience and calming down a bit on the trigger over the last few years 馃槀

Registered
.....still fit perfect and run like a champ in my 30 year old 10/22.

Op, this topic has been beat to death both here and on the line in general. A quick search will provide hours of reading pleasure.

Registered
Very good. But I'm a newbie and only about 250rds through each of my 4 bx-25 (actually 2 of the bx-25x2), only one FTE, but that may have been a weak bulk load.

Ttyl

Registered
I have a bunch some still in the package and about 8 that I use. Never a problem. Maybe one problem when out in the desert. Had one malfunction a lot. Took it apart and clean the insides and went back to shooting. I do enjoy them.

Registered
Vaquero 44 mag and 44 spl, Single-Six, Single-Ten, Wrangler, American 45, 10-22, Charger, 77-357.
I have 4 BX-25's, and 3 BX-15's, and all work perfectly in my 10-22 and my Charger. Every 22LR I've ever run in them.

Registered
Never owned any. Don鈥檛 see the need. They鈥檝e got 2.5x the capacity of the regular magazines but are 10x larger. Just not for me.

Registered
I've been using four BX's since around 2016 with none of the problems I hear others complaining about, lots of rounds through them. Have been using besides three of the 10 shot rotary mags, four Butler Creek red plastic followers that have 1000's of rds through them since the early 90's with no problems. Only problems I have with the 10-22's is when the innards get dirty and then some feeding problems occur. Clean the 10-22 and off to the races again. I think the BX's get to much bad press from problems not associated with them. A shooting friend uses BX's also since I got mine and he likes them, no problems, has same problems I do when the rifle innards get dirty and a cleaning is needed.

Registered
The best 22 mags on the market for the ruger. In all the years that I have had a 10/22 I have never had a problem with the magazines. If you think you are having mag problems its you, or your dirty rifle.

Registered
Ruger now has BX-25 magazines with one side clear. Wish I would have waited (have 2 old ones).

Registered
I picked up a Ruger Charger over the summer and went looking for a couple more BX15's. LGS had the BX25's on sale for less than the 15's. I knew about the reputation of the 25's and talked to the store owner about them. I was promised that if they didn't run right I could trade up for the 15's.
At the range I gave them a go off hand. First mag had jam and feed issues. Moved to the second one and same thing. Half way through I decided to try it off the bi-pod. Bingo, it started running smoothly. I refilled both mags and ran them again. Using both the bi-pod and off hand but making sure to not hold onto the mag. No issues, period. Yes, the mags wiggle in the well. Not a problem if I don't touch them.

Registered
If a shooter likes to shoot off a lot of .22 ammo, I suppose the 25 round mags are a good thing. For "normal" shooting, target shooting, plinking, hunting squirrels and rabbits, the 10 round mags are far, far superior. They sit flush with the stock, they are ironclad reliable, and they do hold 10 rounds. Cary a couple more in a pocket and thats a lotta ammo. Putting a fresh mag in a 10/22 is really easy, too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts