Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Very nice! I love the recurve, an elegant tool for the serious hunter! And a heck of alot of fun too! Always nice to put meat in the freezer, especially with the bow!

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Nice one mate.....venny back steaks,onions,salt,pepper and some barbi sauce and fresh bread......and a cold beer......;):)

·
Banned
2,787 Posts
Meat in the pot:D Good job congrats

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Congrats. I've done some hunting with recurves, as my G-father passed away and I got his custom made Recurve, a very nice piece.

·
Super Moderator
21,417 Posts
Good job on the meat. Congrats.

Had a buck show up last evening and he came across the brook bordering my property and turned away from me and walked about 50 yards. I had the wind on him and he proceeded to hang out for 20 minutes and then turned and very slowly started working his way toward me. I hadn't moved a muscle. He got about 40 yards away and was still coming when someone in a pickup came down the dirt access road that borders the back of my property. The deer turned and walked away. In total I was watching him for about 40 minutes and never pulled my bow back. He never knew I was there so hopefully he'll be back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fantastic doe. Open heart surgery means no more traditional bow for me, so I picked up a crossbow. Looking for my first deer with a crossbow. I be proud of that one.

207 Posts
You can't eat the horns anyway.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just finished wrapping up the elk burger from the elk I got awhile back, and with the RAIN we FINALLY got I think my neck is starting to swell and make me think it is time that the RUGER #1 - 45/70 and I go looking to fill some deer tags.

Yep, Good to have one in the freezer!!!!!!!!!!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts