Ruger Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Sounds like you have some experience doing this!
The 55gr FMJ explodes liquid filled targets well at 50yds from my 20" AR-15 rifle. Even with the velocity from the long barrel they are not impressive at 100yds. I handload 55gr Hornady SP bullets for busting water jugs at longer ranges. I handload 60gr Nosler Partitions for when something bigger than a coyote needs killing.

Shot my Remington 770 30.06 and Savage axis 223. Did some trigger work on the savage. And a scope swap on the Remington. Got lucky with the scope. It hit 1 inch above the bullseye. At 25 yards. At 50 a few inches higher. Adjusted and now im good to go. Where i hunt 50 yard zero is fine. The savage i dropped the trigger pull down to 3-3.5 lbs with a Mcarbo spring pro kit.

Discussion starter · #43 ·
Shot my Remington 770 30.06 and Savage axis 223. Did some trigger work on the savage. And a scope swap on the Remington. Got lucky with the scope. It hit 1 inch above the bullseye. At 25 yards. At 50 a few inches higher. Adjusted and now im good to go. Where i hunt 50 yard zero is fine. The savage i dropped the trigger pull down to 3-3.5 lbs with a Mcarbo spring pro kit.
My buddy and I will check zero on both his and his son's .30-06 rifles tomorrow. I plan to shoot my Remington 700 SPS Varmint .223 for fun. Will be moving stands, clearing brush, and filling some feeders. I have to set up a blind after I build the swiveling hunting chair for it. I will be building a frame for my 3rd steel plate to hang on. Gonna be busy tomorrow!:)

Finally went this morning to finish breaking in a 45 acp shield. I will be using this along with a Kahr CW45 for cooler weather carry. Went out to the desert early in the morning and had the whole place to myself. The gun worked with no problems and after a 400 round count I feel it is ready for daily carry. My next project will be a P365 for warm weather carry thru the winter. This will probably be the last winter that I will carry 45's. Starting to get up in age and performance of 9mm and .40's will probably be enough.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Finally went this morning to finish breaking in a 45 acp shield. I will be using this along with a Kahr CW45 for cooler weather carry. Went out to the desert early in the morning and had the whole place to myself. The gun worked with no problems and after a 400 round count I feel it is ready for daily carry. My next project will be a P365 for warm weather carry thru the winter. This will probably be the last winter that I will carry 45's. Starting to get up in age and performance of 9mm and .40's will probably be enough.
Wow, what a morning! Running 400 rounds of .45acp through a pistol in one trip is just a fantasy for most of us. I just bought a fund raising raffle ticket for a new Glock. I was thinking I might get a 9mm carry pistol if I win. I would never have thought that in years past.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.