Ruger Forum banner

It's Saturday. Who's going shooting?

4K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  nmrugerdude 
#1 ·
There haven't been many posts lately showing what and where we shoot. I plan to go later this morning with a couple of single action Rugers, a 9mm, and a shotgun I've been working on. Be sure to snap a few pics and post them up if you get behind a trigger today. Happy shooting!

#2 ·
Not here. We’ve had two weeks of unseasonably cool weather and have been at the trap, skeet, and outdoor pistol and rifle ranges about 3-4 times a week.

This week we’re back up in 100+ heat indexes and maybe even real air temps so no thanks. By this time of year I’m tired of hot & humid and ready for fall.

#3 ·
Not here. We’ve had two weeks of unseasonably cool weather and have been at the trap, skeet, and outdoor pistol and rifle ranges about 3-4 times a week.

This week we’re back up in 100+ heat indexes and maybe even real air temps so no thanks. By this time of year I’m tired of hot & humid and ready for fall.
I'm jealous of the cool weather that you have enjoyed. It is sunny and supposed to stay in the low 80's until after lunch. My goal is to shoot from 10am until noon. Heading out to load the vehicle soon.

#6 ·
I hit the range Thursday, so it will be a few weeks before I get back. I was surprised at how busy they were. A year ago, I could go any week day and dang near be the only one there until about noon. I guess folks are finding ammo somewhere. I took my new M&P 22 Compact to save all my 9mm ammo. I did shoot my 1911, but only 50 rounds of 45 ACP.

#10 ·
Not me - I managed two trips this past week enjoying the "cooler" weather. I'm still "breaking in" my new GP100 .44 Spl. and I also exercised one of my .41 Blackhawks (it's been whining every time I open the safe!).
Also, I generally leave the ranges open on weekends for the folks that are still working. I'll occasionally fill in as an RO if needed.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

#15 ·
I had a shady spot to park my truck, but it was still steamy. August in Georgia is no picnic! That's ok, my guns worked great. I shot offhand standing at 15yds. The Berry's plated bullet .357 load was accurate, but too fast for my orange reactive targets. They zipped through so quickly the cubes barely rocked. My Old Model Super Single Six did well with Aguila Super Extra. The ProMag magazine I modified to fit my Star BM 9mm worked flawlessly. I even put a few shells through an Ithaca Super Light 12ga to make sure the bead I installed would stay put. What a fun morning!

#19 ·
On the weekends my club has CC sessions so I chose to go on Friday to avoid the crowds. I went on Friday to get some .9mm through my EC9s. Tested out a stock of Blazer 124g I just received from Target Sports and found them to be just bit more accurate than the 115gr Blazers I normally shoot at the range. Only put 50 rounds on paper but loved it. I also took my LCPII22LR to test out some Federal 22LR 36gr 1260fps CPHP (200 rounds) and found them to cycle the little girl just as well as it's diet of Mini Mags. I liked the way the LCPII22LR cycled the 40gr Blazers(80 rounds) and found them to be more accurate than the 38gr this time. Not many people lately at the range and the staff stated they have declined in range sessions due to the ammo being out of stock.

#20 ·
Nobody wanted to play with me today, so I made the 2 mile trek to the farm I hunt. Took both my 10-22s, my Mark II, and my 22LR revolver. Burned half brick up by myself shooting beer cans and my reactive target.

Tomorrow is a work day at the farm and we are picking beans. I am taking my TC Encore muzzle-loader and my old Knight ML also. Going to try some new pellet BP charges and if I like them, tweak my scope zero.

#32 ·
I will be shooting this weekend. Taking the .243, .270, and .30-06 to make sure everything is dialed in for deer season. I will have my Colt Trooper MkIII and my Glock 22. Rimfire pistols will be a Buckmark and a Charger. I am glad I have been hoarding ammo since Bill Clinton was president.

#33 ·
I went yesterday, it was Monday morning and not many shooters. Our weekends have been busy at the range so I again waited until a weekday. I tested out our LCPII22LR and I am still having very good results testing ammo. Now over 1,550 rounds without a hick up. Also tested out my new Glock G44 and after 450 rounds this plastic fantastic is eating all types of rimfire ammo. My EC9s that I shoot weekly ran like a champ and I tested out some Federal RangeTargetPractice 115gr. 1125fps and Remington 9mm 115gr. 1100fps LE Training. Glad I have a good stock and very happy to be able to practice. Glad I signed up for additional training lessons. I am now getting my AR556, SU16 223/5.56, Mark III 22/45 and my SR9E ready for a lesson this week. One thing I really took note of today that even the larger LGS's are OUT of range ammo for .9mm and 22LR. I picked up some 38spc. that I came across for $11.99 per 50 round box/American Eagle 38 Special 130 gr. FMJ and decided to get several boxes because the tech stated these are the last they will have on sale for awhile now. Been stocking up for years but never expected the shelves to be void of any ammo. Times are very sketchy here locally. Hope they are ok in your neck of the woods! Be safe.

#36 ·
I am so fortunate to have private land to shoot on. I haven't shot on a commercial range in over twenty years, except for the local sporting clays facility. I have several traps I set up on my land for informal practice, but I really enjoy the challenge of the diverse presentations that Etowah Valley Sporting Clays provides. I have lots of different targets for rifles and pistols on my land.

#42 ·
Shot my Remington 770 30.06 and Savage axis 223. Did some trigger work on the savage. And a scope swap on the Remington. Got lucky with the scope. It hit 1 inch above the bullseye. At 25 yards. At 50 a few inches higher. Adjusted and now im good to go. Where i hunt 50 yard zero is fine. The savage i dropped the trigger pull down to 3-3.5 lbs with a Mcarbo spring pro kit.

#43 ·
My buddy and I will check zero on both his and his son's .30-06 rifles tomorrow. I plan to shoot my Remington 700 SPS Varmint .223 for fun. Will be moving stands, clearing brush, and filling some feeders. I have to set up a blind after I build the swiveling hunting chair for it. I will be building a frame for my 3rd steel plate to hang on. Gonna be busy tomorrow!:)

#44 ·
Finally went this morning to finish breaking in a 45 acp shield. I will be using this along with a Kahr CW45 for cooler weather carry. Went out to the desert early in the morning and had the whole place to myself. The gun worked with no problems and after a 400 round count I feel it is ready for daily carry. My next project will be a P365 for warm weather carry thru the winter. This will probably be the last winter that I will carry 45's. Starting to get up in age and performance of 9mm and .40's will probably be enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.