Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,818 Posts
Mine doesn't expire until 1/3/23. Thanks for reminding us though - you made me look. :) Kansas started issuing CCL's on 1/2/07. Mine was one of the first ones issued. Somehow it seems like it has been more than 14 years.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Constitutional Carry no need for a CCL

Reactions: fatcat3

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,414 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,414 Posts
Mine expires this year on 10/22, my birthday. Cant renew till I am within 6 months.
Thanks for the heads up.
Is there a more Ruger birthday than 10/22?

·
Registered
871 Posts
What is this CCL thing you speak of? We don’t have them in Missouri. :p
Constitutional Carry no need for a CCL
We were a CCDW permit state and went constitutional. I renewed mine anyway for two reasons. Reciprocity in other permit states and/or when the POTUS mandates them. Our local sheriff who is reponsible for issuing them commented that about 70% of expirations are being renewed. They send us a notice.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Realized this afternoon my CCL expires in February 2021 ... got to get that process started ...
Check your expiration dates guys ...
I've got all my expiration dates in my google calendar for DL, CCW, passport, etc. It sends me reminders and they're all set to repeat after the specified nos years/months. My wife allowed her ccw to expire and I was a little upset. When she called the T county sheriff, they told her come in, don't worry about taking the class over. Can you believe that, the government helping you out?

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got all my expiration dates in my google calendar for DL, CCW, passport, etc. It sends me reminders and they're all set to repeat after the specified nos years/months. My wife allowed her ccw to expire and I was a little upset. When she called the T county sheriff, they told her come in, don't worry about taking the class over. Can you believe that, the government helping you out?
at the county level (sheriff's office) yes i can believe it, i think there are more sheriffs that support CC than meets the eye ...

·
Registered
536 Posts
at the county level (sheriff's office) yes i can believe it, i think there are more sheriffs that support CC than meets the eye ...
Absolutely right! A good friend of mine, and he's in my shirt, has a tendency to drive + ride his motorcycle at excessive speeds. This same friend has been stopped on a few (ok multiple) occasions while carrying. I know the drill + do it properly. Answer the deputy's questions honestly and not only have I never got a ticket, in EVERY instance they have thanked me for carrying + backing them up. In one case I had just left a bar and told him so. When he asked where I was going I told him another bar. He stood there in disbelief shaking his head. I said I know it looks bad, but I was riding a poker run to benefit a fallen soldier's family and I just drew my cards, I didn't have any alcohol. BTW, it don't hurt havin veteran plates on both cars + motorcycle either! LEOs like vets!

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my brother who is now retired from marines has veteran plates and a few stickers about deployments to the big sandbox out east of the USA, he has gotten stopped by multiple LEO's for speeding and all they have done is told him to slow down and have a good day ...

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i scheduled my renewal appointment and i was shocked but maybe i shouldn't be that the calendar was booked 4 months out ... May 13th was the earliest ...

·
Registered
536 Posts
well i scheduled my renewal appointment and i was shocked but maybe i shouldn't be that the calendar was booked 4 months out ... May 13th was the earliest ...
Ouch, pays to live out here in the boonies! I was born/raised in Cleveland, graduated from Collinwood. One side of E152 was Italian, the other side was black, and one lonely Irish kid that got in a fight no matter which side of the street he was on. Soooo, in 1967 I joined the Marines so I didn't have to fight so much! Used to deer hunt down this way. When I retired from Local 860 (Tony Libertore's gang) moved down here + LOVE IT!

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ouch, pays to live out here in the boonies! I was born/raised in Cleveland, graduated from Collinwood. One side of E152 was Italian, the other side was black, and one lonely Irish kid that got in a fight no matter which side of the street he was on. Soooo, in 1967 I joined the Marines so I didn't have to fight so much! Used to deer hunt down this way. When I retired from Local 860 (Tony Libertore's gang) moved down here + LOVE IT!
Born in Cleveland and lived there till i was about 6 years old, over by Clark Avenue where the stockyards used to be. I still remember the smell on a summer day wafting over from there. We moved to the boonies in 1969 and have been here ever since. Problem is, it aint the boonies any longer. What used to be referred to as rural is not semi rural and that is a stretch.
Local 860, you retired iron worker or retired laborer?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts