Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,515 Posts
One sad thing about living "off grid" is ticks. I been off grid all my life. My poor wife has only 21 years experience with me.
I can't say I'm classified as "off grid" but I've been told I'm a little off from center ... not sure what that means ...

·
Super Moderator
5,834 Posts
Yea, it’s tick season. I have already pulled one off my 3 year old this spring. There are few things I keep from my wife and tick encounters are one. They creep her out to no end. I think I traumatized her back when we were dating. She had never been camping before she met me and that first trip, wouldn’t you know it, she got a tick. Traumatized for life.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I can't say I'm classified as "off grid" but I've been told I'm a little off from center ... not sure what that means ...
Plant Grass Groundcover Motor vehicle Terrestrial plant

Bird Plant Vertebrate Botany Nature

Plant Bird Rangpur Flower Leaf

She is a photographer. Says the scenery I provide makes it worth while. IDK, she wont photo me shootin or my targets. Makes me do that my own self. Just humming birds and birds and her flower gardens

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I look forward to tick season actually. One time a year my beautiful wife will dance and strip naked for me!...
I am an sob I know.
Well son, ya'll go get yourself a big ole mason jar and punch a few air holes in the lid. Catch yourself a few ticks for future dance nights, one time a year just ain't right!

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,694 Posts
The Agricultural Dept just announced that a new Asian tick is in two neighboring counties. That means it is here too probably. Just in time for summer. Ticks, chiggers, and mosquitoes make the warm months such fun!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ticks are better than Copperheads. They often show at the same time. Like old-timey Southerners, we keep a tick jar out. It is part of farm life, even with grass kept short so I can see the snakes.
I grew up on the gulf coast of Texas in between a few cattle ranches in what I can best describe as "jungle" type terrain. So the ticks of NE Ohio are no big deal to me. But my wife, well lets jusy say her dad and I have kept her a tad sheltered🥰
Sadly I have spoiled my son and more than a few good dogs too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We've had our share of ticks this year. Found several crawling but none have been attached yet. Any ticks that are attached and we have to pull off get put in ziplock bags with the date on it just in case we see any rash or rings around the bite area.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts