Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about moving, but I have not decided where. Today my wife and I tossed Colorado in the hat. Is anyone here on this forum from Colorado? If so I would like to hear about the state, you know the pro's and con's. We kind of want to move west (we are from Indiana). Any help would be nice. Wyoming, Montana, Texas, Oklahoma and Nevada are also in the hat.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
You'd be welcome in Arkansas, and save some moving expense, to boot! Best hunting on the planet, and cost of living is low, CCW "shall issue" state and the most friendly folks you'll ever meet! That's why we moved here 4 years this coming April from Southern California... and NEVER looked back!:D

·
Registered
557 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Heavy J

Any good jobs there?
What do you do?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts

Any good jobs there?
I am an Information Technology Director for a company of 250+ employees... The town, not big enough to be called a city, has pop. < 4000... 5 minutes from the house, without having to wait on the railroad crossing or the one stop light of the town... I love it! Big city 38 miles away... nearest freeway 50 miles away... Rod & Gun Club with an outdoor range 1/2 mile away($25 a year, and that includes a key to the gate)...:D

We came here because wifey was raised here...

DSL and Cable Internet...

Sidenote: Plan on about 2 years for lifetime enrolment in the "Good Ol' Boys" Club... Required for good paying jobs...:D

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
By the way...

There is Arkansas State University(ASU) campus 60 miles south of here in Jonesborough, with a campus police department... :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well,...... I'm like a hillbilly, show me how to do something and I'll know how to do it for the rest of my life. HA-HA...For the last nine years I have been into security work. I have been everything from armed uniformed security to unarmed uniformed security, to holding a license as a private investigator to fugitive recovery, to private security, to personal security, to executive protection. Before all that I have been everything from a dish washer to riding on the back of a trash truck, I've been into management positions, I have been the worker on the line. I have worked in food service to gun shops and shows. I don't hold a license for "skilled labor" like electric or plumbing. Right now I'm a campus cop here at at a local college.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know there's a lot of work for you here.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm about 40 miles West of Flagstaff at 7000'. No stoplights, only a Safeway and hardware store. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2400.....What kind of jobs are available there?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KP97DC..... Poteau, Ok. looks pretty good also, Is there any jobs there?

·
Registered
557 Posts

2400.....What kind of jobs are available there?
quote:I have been everything from armed uniformed security to unarmed uniformed security, to holding a license as a private investigator to fugitive recovery, to private security, to personal security, to executive protection. Before all that I have been everything from a dish washer to riding on the back of a trash truck, I've been into management positions, I have been the worker on the line. I have worked in food service to gun shops and shows.
Sounds like you're qualified for everything we have. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts