Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a pistol to fill the compact double stack carry role. I'm a CZ guy, so I started with a CZ 2075 RAMI.....ummm.... didn't do it for me. Traded it for a nice P06 in 40 S&W. I didn't realize they take full size mags with spacers on the mags to make up the gap. I didn't see the point in a "compact" gun with a full size grip. It didn't stay long. Sold it off and went looking at all makes and liked the M&P. I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a new M&P 40C. Man, it's a nice pistol that seems like it's going to fill the role perfectly. It carries great, draws great (for me) and feels great in the hand. Once I get plenty of rounds through it to prove itself, it'll be my new EDC. :)

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Congrats! It sure feels great in the hand and I'm seriously considering getting a used one.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Congrats on finding "your" gun. I know that same feeling. Mine is an SR9c. It feels most natural in my hand. I shoot it better than any other gun I own

·
Super Moderator
16,253 Posts
LS ... Sorry that the CZs didn't end up meeting your carry needs. Congrats on landing on an M&P 40c. Though not a striker enthusiast, I do enjoy shooting my wife's 9c from time to time :).

·
Registered
319 Posts
i'm not a fan of the full size m&p but do like the compacts myself and own a 9 and .40. i picked up a .357 sig barrel for the .40 and enjoy that range toy, too. i don't carry them but the 9mm serves as the nightstand gun.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! It sure feels great in the hand and I'm seriously considering getting a used one.
Thank you and yes it does. I don't know what you can get a used one for, but I picked this one up from gunbroker @ $379 free shipping and no credit card fees. I couldn't justify a used one when a new one was that cheap.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on finding "your" gun. I know that same feeling. Mine is an SR9c. It feels most natural in my hand. I shoot it better than any other gun I own
Yeah, it's a good feeling when you find "your" gun to fill the role you want it to. For range fun, it's my CZ 75B SA. For ankle carry or deep concealment, it's my Kahr CM9. For everyday IWB, it's looking like this M&P is right at home. :)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LS ... Sorry that the CZs didn't end up meeting your carry needs. Congrats on landing on an M&P 40c. Though not a striker enthusiast, I do enjoy shooting my wife's 9c from time to time :).
That's ok Buck. I love my full size CZs. They're hard to beat. I even like my P01 even though it's not seeing much action in the rotation. I'm with you also, I prefer a hammer gun, but the striker guns fill the role their intended pretty well. Thanks buddy. ;)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm not a fan of the full size m&p but do like the compacts myself and own a 9 and .40. i picked up a .357 sig barrel for the .40 and enjoy that range toy, too. i don't carry them but the 9mm serves as the nightstand gun.
A .357 barrel would be nice to have...... Just because. :)

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Thank you and yes it does. I don't know what you can get a used one for, but I picked this one up from gunbroker @ $379 free shipping and no credit card fees. I couldn't justify a used one when a new one was that cheap.
Sadly, it's an off-roster gun so I'd probably pay a premium for a used one.
I'm late in the game. I only saw that model (9mm version) for the first time at a recent gun show.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Looks nice and heard trigger pull is decent. Also heard good reviews on the S&W Shield. Heard they produced 1 million recently. Like a compact model myself. Would be in the market but my CS-9 makes a great pocket carry also. Too bad not longer made

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice gun. The M&P line has a lot of great guns. I just bought a M&P Shield 9mm from the performance center with a ported barrel, a factory enhanced trigger and fiber optic sights. I really like it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats quick question have you carried the shield? I am seriously kicking around selling my shield and going with a M&Pc for the extra capacity. It definitely feels a whole lot better in my hands then the shield, but i'm just curious how much bigger the M&Pc feels during carry. I've walked around the store a few times with it, but that just isn't real life since I carry in so many configurations due to different clothing. I wish I could afford both, but that's not in the cards right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts