Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i got a p85 and im looking to get a red dot scope for it. Any info on what im gonna need to do it. any ideas on scope brand?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
aimtech does show a mount for the ruger p89. all this mount does is replace the standard grip panel found on the pistol with no drilling or tapping. The 85 uses the same grips i believe as the 89. might want to contact iowagean or coffeepot to confirm but i think this will work as long as the slide/frame contours are similar. maybe you can contact aimtech to confirm. here is a place that has them along with a pic. Model APM-19

http://www.gunaccessories.com/Aimtech/semiauto.asp

As far as a red dot, i like the bushnell holosight and the millet red dot. Recomend you stay away from the cheapies.

there is another mount system out there but i can't remember who it was but it was a reflex sight that fits into the rear sight dove tail. don't know much about those. as they are actually riding the slide and subject to the hammering instead of riding above the slide free from contact as in the aimtech design....

·
Registered
191 Posts
They should be same. However, there was a new frame die made between the P85 and P89 so there may be a slight amount of fitting required.

As the man said, don't get a cheap red dot for it. They won't hold up under the recoil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts