Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate everybody with all with their glock pictures and rave reviews, I hate my buddies who let me fondle their glocks that have had grip work done, I hate every glock user I've seen out at Front Sight who only have to clear malfunctions as DRILLS, and I hate one of my local gun shops for having a sale on the FDE glocks....

I've come over to the dark side....I hear y'all have cookies?!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Glock's aren't so bad. They're one of the ugliest pistols made, but they function.

I'm interested to hear how the 100% Smyrna, Georgia manufactured pistols are holding up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Everyone should try out a Glock. They are practical weapons albeit a compromise

My G36 is not picky about ammunition like the 1911; but it does not feel as good in my hand nor is the trigger so nice.

The G36 is always nearby at home while the 1911 is in the safe.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Some firearms I view as works of art others I see as a tool. My Glock is a tool. (wow that came out sounding wrong)
I like my tools to look good! You have such a pretty gun in your avatar and such an ugly gun in your thread. That must of been one heck of a sale.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,336 Posts
If I was told I could only keep one handgun, it would be my Glock G20SF 10mm. The expensive 1911s would have to go. The Beretta pistols would have to go. The Sig Sauer pistols would have to go. The FNH pistols would have to go. The Colt revolvers would have to go. The Ruger revolvers would have to go. The Ruger pistols would have to go. The S&W revolvers would have to go. The Desert Eagle would have to go.

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Glock's aren't so bad. They're one of the ugliest pistols made, but they function.

I'm interested to hear how the 100% Smyrna, Georgia manufactured pistols are holding up.

A buddy of mine has one of the first ones that are Ga made. No different from others. 1500 rds and not a flaw yet..

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like my tools to look good! You have such a pretty gun in your avatar and such an ugly gun in your thread. That must of been one heck of a sale.
Unfortunately....that sp101 is long gone.

The only ruger I have currently is my SR9C. and here's where y'all are gonna hate me...
That's up for sale at the moment.

I have gun ADD....that's about it. Gun ADD tends to get me in trouble with the missus.....but luckily she doesn't really care about the money I spend, its more about how.many guns I have. I deal with this by selling something whenever I buy something.

Each one of my guns fills a niche. I only need one of each niche gun. I just bought a new compactish 9mm....so my other compact 9mm goes bye bye.

They come and they go, there are a few I will never sell, but the others are all just here until I lose interest and something new catches my attention.

Fyi this isn't me saying bye, haha. I come here to see all sorts of stuff not just rugers. That being said ill still own rugers in the future. My first firearm was a mini 14, and this will be the first time since I've owned guns that I don't have a ruger in the stable. Sad!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sorry to hear that. My SP101 is one of the guns that will never go anywhere.

I have 2 glocks for work. Theyre very functional, but I really do not like the grip angle. Ok when you're shooting, not so good when i'm stuck on a perimeter and my wrist starts to cramp up. But never had a problem with them working when they need to.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Congrats, but it looks like you've gone over to the dark brown side! :D

New guns are always cool. Before I bought my first semi auto, I tried a Glock 23. I also tried an XDm40 and wound up buying an XDm45. I just did not like the Glock at all, partially because I wasn't used to semi autos then, but we just didn't get along at all. The XDm40 was much better, but too snappy. The XDm45 was just right.

Enjoy your new friend! :D

·
Registered
998 Posts
Unfortunately....that sp101 is long gone.

The only ruger I have currently is my SR9C. and here's where y'all are gonna hate me...
That's up for sale at the moment.

I have gun ADD....that's about it. Gun ADD tends to get me in trouble with the missus.....but luckily she doesn't really care about the money I spend, its more about how.many guns I have. I deal with this by selling something whenever I buy something.

Each one of my guns fills a niche. I only need one of each niche gun. I just bought a new compactish 9mm....so my other compact 9mm goes bye bye.

They come and they go, there are a few I will never sell, but the others are all just here until I lose interest and something new catches my attention.

Fyi this isn't me saying bye, haha. I come here to see all sorts of stuff not just rugers. That being said ill still own rugers in the future. My first firearm was a mini 14, and this will be the first time since I've owned guns that I don't have a ruger in the stable. Sad!
This is happening more & more with the current state of our economy as well. Rugers quality, as we are all aware, is no longer what it used to be. There are many interesting & higher quality alternatives out there for most of what Ruger is now producing. Were it not for Ruger revolvers I wouldn't be buying any new Ruger products at this point. All my current stock of Ruger weapons are pre 1985. I have sold off or traded all my Ruger polymer pistols in favor of higher quality brands like FNH's, Glock's, Sig Sauers & H&K's. I wouldn't be so hard on Ruger if they didn't go and make a poor copy of every other successful manufacturers polymer pistols but that's what they seem to do lately. Folk's are always bashing Glock's for their blocky appearence and lackluster looks but keep in mind, they aren't in a beauty contest, they're the #1 selling polymer pistol in the world because they perform when all their "wannabe copy's" fail. I still own & love all my steel Rugers but I believe that Ruger should stay far away from Polymer, just my opinion. I appoligize if I offend any Ruger "poly" fans.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, yes we do have cookies.

Glocks are great pistols, and my G27 would be the gun i would keep if i had to narrow it down to one. That said, they are not as good looking as a ruger, but they function as good as anything else out there imho.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Welcome...to the dark side! Glocks are excellent pistols...albeit a bit on the ugly side, however, they function very well and are very accurate! If forced to chose between a functional pistol and a good-looking pistol, I will chose the functional pistol everytime!

The misses & I have one (1) Glock pistol each...hers is a Gen II G-19 in 9mm...and mine is a Gen II G-23 in .40 S&W! We found them both NIB in 2010...after having to sell nearly everything we had in 2009 when I lost both of my jobs within 5 days of each other. The two (2) we kept...were both 2.25" Ruger SP101's, her's in .38+P and mine in .357 Mag. Tried-n-true...we couldn't beat 'em!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think my Glock 19 is an outstanding gun, not bad looking either, 5000 rnds and not one problem. On the other hand, my Ruger SP101 357 3" barrel is my favorite and will not part with it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks guys!

thats all sort of my thoughts too, not pretty, but it'll get the job done.....every time....ever.

I hated on glocks for a while but realized if I consider myself a real gun guy, theres no reason NOT to try out what is apparently the most reliable functional pistol ever, as i said.

Anyway, I'm going to be having a bunch of grip work done by a local guy (heat process grip reduction, groove removal, front strap under cut, trigger guard reduction, 360 stippling) and then it'll be perfect!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts