Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have someone wanting to trade an Iver Johnson Colt SAA Clone. Gun was made in Italy. IJ went out of business in 1993 so I assume it probably is a Peitta such dating from about 1990. Trade is for something that I don't want or need and is valued at $300.

Ain't looking for a collector (I have those) but just something to plink with. Are these strong guns (like a modern Colt or Ruger Vaquero) or just a piece of junk? Can I hit the inside of a barn with it?

Opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
947 Posts
You didn't specify what caliber the revolver is. The only I.J. Colt SAA replicas I could find was called the 'Cattleman Magnum' which came in .357 and 44 mag, also in .45 Colt. In 100% condition the Blue book lists them at around $200, about $20 more for the .44. They also had a .22LR/Mag convertible called the Trailblazer which lists around $180 for 100% condition. Iver Johnson discontinued them in 1984 but there is no mention of country of origin. I hope this helps.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I have a Cattleman made by Uberti in 1976. It was the first centerfire revolver I bought. (I was 18) Its a Colt clone and I learned how to slick up a SA over the years. Still an excellent shooter and I plan on passing it on to my oldest daughter. They can also be seen in many of the spaghetti westerns of the era. They have the brass trigger gaurds and grip frames.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts