Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found that IWB 'appendix' carry for a five-shooter .38 snubby seems to provide the best position for a no-coat, under-the-T-shirt carry.

Any recommendation for a top-quality holster? Looking for one that holds its shape, with a 'high back' between the gun and skin, and a decent belt loop instead of a flimsy clip. I've experimented with a cheapie, suede open-top Bianchi w/ belt clip, but it's far from a comfortable (or secure) experience.

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
Give you three options. I own and have used all of them. The Simply Rugged holsters are OWB but if you get with the inside/out straps they work just fine IWB. The Crossbreed is the IWB holster I use most frequently (have 2) and they spread the weight of the firearm over larger area of the belt and carry well. The pistol wear I use for exercise walking but would serve your purpose as well. Good luck.

Simply Rugged Holsters - Leather Holsters, Leather Gun Belts, Leather Ammo Pouches and Leather Accessories

Best IWB Holster | Crossbreed Supertuck | Appendix Holster

Holsters - Pistol Wear, LLC

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
I just bought a Remora IWB for my LCR 327. Based on friends recommendations and online reviews it seems to be the best for me. I got mine with a sweat shield (i am right handed) so I can use it as a cross draw, right appendix and all the way around to say 5 o'clock (spine would be 6 o'clock).

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a Simply Rugged for a Smith 65, a Crossbreed for a Glock 19 and a Remora for a
LCR. They all work well except the Crossbreed Super Tuck isn't designed for
IWBA carry. But Crossbreed have other models for IWBA. The simplest, cheapest
most versatile is the Remora. If I wanted the option
for OWB sometimes I would go with the Simply Rugged.
You might also check out Sideguard holsters and
Lobo Leather. Most will use high quality clips or give
you the option for leather snap loops. The clips on
the better quality holsters work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Don Hume
Simple design, quality leather, reasonable price.

·
Registered
131 Posts
unfortunately i suffer from a acute case of dickydoo disease so appendix carry is out of the question... what is dickydoo you ask, it's when your belly sticks out farther than your dickydoo.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Desantis. Adjustable for cant. I'm a skinny guy and this has worked for yrs, from shorts & tshirt to jeans & whatever. Soft tuck iirc

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don Hume
Simple design, quality leather, reasonable price.
I'm eyeing the H715-M WCS holster by Don Hume. I'm also looking into the other holsters mentioned earlier. In the CrossBreed Appendix holster, the only revolver application I see in the pull-down menu is Charter Arms .38, five-shot only. Maybe this size fits all five-shot .38 snubbies?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts