Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's think about this for a second. He's 73, she's 25. He's been singing that song for 50 years. Literally - 50 years (1965). Taylor Swift's mother was 7 when he started singing it.

I tell you what, at 73 he still brings it. And the two of them did a pretty danged good job on it I thought. She's in the worst outfit I've ever seen her wear, but who cares. It genuinely looks like they're having a ball. She joined them a while back on "as tears go by" which wasn't that good.

There's like 70 phone camera versions on YouTube but this one is as good as any so far if you want to check it out...

https://youtu.be/dM64vDqQY0w

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
This was the concert over the past weekend? One of my daughter's best friends drove up from Florida to see that. I'll have to ask her about it.

Yeah, that's a horrible outfit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen The Stones in concert twice in the past five years.

I don't know how anyone ****'s age can keep jumping around non stop for two hours and get up and do it again the next night.

Its not like he needs the money.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Video has been taken down...
Well fooey. They've been busy - there was at least 40-50 on there when I posted this.

But you do not mess with the Queen of Music. If she can make Apple back off. Oh, and **** too. I'm sure they've both got those lawyers we never hear about.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Jagger..... yes.
Swift..... no.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I've got to give it to ole ****. I'm younger than he is and I would hate to sing and jump around on stage with the schedule that he has. He must love his profession to keep doing it all these years even though he probably doesn't need the money.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
I don't know how anyone ****'s age can keep jumping around non stop for two hours and get up and do it again the next night.

Its not like he needs the money.
Better question would be how in the world is Keith Richards still alive?! :eek:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Better question would be how in the world is Keith Richards still alive?! :eek:
It's only the medicine, mate, only the medicine..... ;) :D

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
SWIFT, ANYTIME!
jagger never. worst front man in rock history. voice that makes Bob Dylan sound good, no talent.
Swift doesn't even have to sing, just stand there and look good young lady.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Taylor Swift is one of the few in music whom I respect and would like to know.
Her songs aren't usually my favorites, but are okay and she has her head screwed on straight and doesn't do drugs or make a spectacle of herself in public. Despite having a huge fortune at 25 and legions of fans, she hasn't let it go to her head.

In fact, she has said that she's noticed how ruin comes to so many of her peers when they let fame go to their heads.

And pics of her dating that Scots DJ look as if she lets him be the man and doesn't try to upstage him, but acts like, well, his date. I respect that.

I don't know many Rolling Stones songs, but they have some good ones. Did they do, "House of the Rising Sun"?

IF Taylor and Jagger were dating, there still wouldn't be as wide an age gap as for publisher Hugh Hefner and his wife, Crystal. (89 vs. 29.) Crystal Hefner sings some and does a little D J work, but is mainly a housewife, I gather. I think she's the best for him of the four wives that Hef's had. (And better than Holly Madison was, too.)

Jagger may not be 73. One of the TV entertainment shows said yesterday that's he's only 72. He seems to be in good shape. I hope that I can get around that well when I'm 72.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lone Star - Thanks for posting that!

You say you don't know many of the Rolling Stones songs. That hurts my heart that we've sunk so low in bringing up the next generation. Here's your homework... :D

Rolling Stones 101
Jumping jack flash
Sympathy for the devil
You can't always get what you want
Street fighting man
Brown sugar

On any of this there's never been a band or singer (including the Beatles and Elvis) that everyone likes. That's part of what makes it fun.

Taylor Swift - I first ran across her when I was looking for more Brad Paisley videos. She was 17 I think and I thought look out world we got our next star here. And I agree with Lone Star, she seems to have her head on straight. Except for boy trouble and that doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I rest my case. this kid is beautiful.
And she has real class, a rarity among singers.

She's performed twice in a row at the Victoria's Secret fashion shows and I hope she'll be back this year. They should make her an honorary Angel Some of her best friends, especially Lily Aldridge and Karlie Kloss model for VS, although Kloss left the brand to pursue other interests after she walked in the 2014 show. (Doutzen Kroes also left, apparently due to heavy European commitments and wanting to spend more time with her two small children. Doutzen represents L'Oréal and other top brands and earns some $6 million a year.) Aussie top model Miranda Kerr is coming back to VS after an absence of a couple of years, but I don't think she knows Taylor.

I just saw on my Homepage that Swift has about $282 million, and she makes some shrewd real estate investments. She just bought the Samuel Goldwyn estate in Beverly Hills or Bel Air, for $20 million.

By contrast, publisher Hugh Hefner is believed to have between $43-45 million, and poor actor Robert Wagner is down to his last $15 million. No wonder he takes those guest roles on NCIS!

Crystal Hefner, Hugh's wife, has either $2 million or $11 million, depending on your source. (Forbes is probably the most accurate.) This is her own money, not Hef's. She sings and works sometimes as a DJ.

Crystal will be a widow sooner or later, her husband now being 89. (She's 28 or 29.) The Playboy Mansion is corporate property, not Hef's, so he bought her and her mom a $5 million home to live in when he passes. True love, I guess. :)

Taylor Swift has a thing about not showing her navel in public. I think it's a gimmick to stimulate gossip/publicity. If anyone here sees a pic of that navel region, post pics. I saw one series of photos of her in a white bikini at a beach, but the range was too far from the camera to see any detail. Usually wears a two-piece suit that covers her navel, like two-piece suits did back in the 1940's and early 50's, before the bikini arrived.

How many of you know where the name "bikini" comes from for swim suits and lingerie and why? Yes, I know. That knowledge and having about five bucks in my pocket will get me a cup of coffee almost anywhere in the Americas. :D Probably won't get me a table near Taylor or her VS pals, though, alas.

Planeguy, Taylor's boy trouble may be mainly in in her videos. She seems to get along very well with her present guy, a Scots DJ, and I really like the way she looks in clips and pics of them together. She doesn't take control and acts like, well, his date. Good for them. :) She's reported to be looking for still another home, one near him.

There's been some speculation that she may also have relations with a gal pal, especially model Karlie Kloss. But they may just be really close friends. Both are exceptionally intelligent, and that is probably part of the mutual attraction.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts