Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a fairly new gun owner and looking for some help. I took my P95 to the range last night so I could get to know here a little better. Going through 50 rounds and it jammed up 4 times. Looked like some issue the rounds being picked up from the clip. 2 times it was like it was trying to load two rounds a time and the other didnt look like the one round set right. Advice?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As already mentioned above, I too would suspect limp wristing. This seems to be more common with polymer framed pistols such as your P95. Another thing to consider, are the malfunctions occuring with all of your magazines or just one of them? If only one of them, the problem could be with the magazine. One last thing, are your magazines factory Ruger or are they aftermarket? In my experience, the only after market magazine that works is MecGar, as they make many companies factory magazines. I hope that you get it worked out.

Kenny
I didn't think to try the other magazine but I'll go back and try them both this weekend.

To answer another question they are both factory.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you field strip, clean and lube the gun before taking it to the range? If the gun was dry or still had some of the crappy factory "lube" on it, it could cause the slide to slow and not complete the cycle.

As mentioned above, this, limp wristing or light ammo can all cause similar failures. All prevent the slide from fully cycling. Also, if you could give a better description of the failures (nose dive, FTF, FTE, etc..) it might help in diagnosing the proplem.

You might also want to check the feed ramp. Is it smooth or can you feel any sharp edges or burrs?
I did field strip and clean but probably not very well. I had started then got the call to go so I hurried along. I'm going to clean and lube again tonight.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. In additional to a good clean and lube sounds like my grip needs some work. (didn't want to say my limp wrist:rolleyes:)

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So I finally took the time and gave it a good cleaning. I was REALLY suprised how much nasty sticky crap came from such a small place. Since coming from the factory it's only had 50 rounds. Any ways... I took my time and made sure I got as much crap out as could the followed with a light oil.

Has anyone tired a boresnake? A customer standing (also buying some cleaning stuff) made the suggestion. Yes I'm a new owner but damn it made a difference and is super easy.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sorry I've been MIA for a while but the fishing has been good!

Any way after a good cleaning and continuing to work on my grip it looks like things are getting better. I ran through 50 and didn't have any jams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.