Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I recently took my Mini 14apart for cleaning. After reassembling it, I tried cycling the bolt and it jammed partway thru the cycle. I can't remove the trigger group because it can't be cocked and put the safety on. I have no idea what went wrong during the reassembly. I thought I would be OK since I carried a M14 in the Army. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Freddog

Tool Household hardware Automotive wheel system Metal Bumper
Hood Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Office equipment
Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Office equipment Trigger
Tool Household hardware Automotive wheel system Metal Bumper

Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Office equipment Trigger

Hood Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Office equipment

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'd say welcome aboard but saw you had a short stay. Must have got excited in one of your posts. Back to the topic.....

Most likely you have the recoil spring rod in upside down. I'd take a rubber mallet and give the charging handle a rap forward to put the rifle back in battery.

Though Ruger recommends having the safety on when pulling the trigger group....since you cannot cock the trigger.....you will have to do, what you have to do and pull it as is. You can then take the stock off and inspect the recoil rod. Flat side goes near the barrel.

Bepe

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did what I could to look at his previous posts. As far as I can see, his only "mistake" was posting a specific question in the "Newcomer's" forum. I don't think that minor mistake was worth a Ban.

Perhaps some Staff member can enlighten us. There might be more going-on that what we Members can see.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did what I could to look at his previous posts. As far as I can see, his only "mistake" was posting a specific question in the "Newcomer's" forum. I don't think that minor mistake was worth a Ban.

Perhaps some Staff member can enlighten us. There might be more going-on that what we Members can see.
I was banned for "trolling when I asked a question." I dont much post here anymore, see ya next year lol. may get banned again for responding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts