Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any one has any experience with the Jard trigger for the #1 sold and installed by E. Arthur Brown Co.

I am most interested in getting the creep down to "0" and the travel to an absolute minimum.

I am looking at a #1 that has one in it and also have one that could use one...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Sorry my aftermarket trigger experience is helping install on friends guns. I have a gunsmith that gets my #1’s for trigger jobs. Aftermarket drop in triggers can be a bit of a crap shoot. Depending on how it fits in your particular rifle, the results can go from slight improvement to great due to manufacturing tolerances in both the rifle and the trigger. I want to know what my trigger will be so I have a gunsmith who knows #1’s work it over and he does a great job. So, if you just want an improvement the drop in triggers are fine, but if you want guaranteed results, have a gunsmith who knows #1’s do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I also have a gunsmith who specializes in #1's. I guess I should use what I have …..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Jard trigger in two No 1s. Big improvement over stock triggers. I didn't install them. I sent both rifle to EABCO and had them install the triggers and Hicks accurizers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my local gunsmith install a JARD trigger on a Ruger No. 1-B in .270 Winchester. The original trigger ran from just over four pounds to just under six pounds, totally inconsistent, and was gritty. With the JARD the trigger pull is right at 3.25 pounds and crisp. Big difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed one on a 1b, factory was 6 pounds. This one I set at 3. The spring screw can change it from 2.5 to over 4.5. It still has a little creep. I had to pull it all apart because the safety set screw was sticking out too far so the safety couldn't engage and there is no way to adjust it without the trigger being in your hand. Otherwise, I'm happy with it and I am thinking of buying a couple more for future no1s before they stop making them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts