Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so much of this Country that I have never seen. Never saw the pacific ocean, Washington State, Montana, New England, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, etc, etc.
I know i'll never see it all in this lifetime but i's like to see some of it. So help me out here with some info please.

I'd seen it in the movies--taking train trips across several states that might take a few days. You know, the thing in the movies where the passengers have a viewing car to look at the country, a dining car so Molly can serve coffee and and supper. Sleeper car to bed down in--that type of thing.

Any of y'all know of such? What routes? Still available in the Rockies? Appalachians? Anything like a route thru Colorado, Idaho, Washington, Oregon? Or the other direction like Arkansas, Kentucky, Tenn, Ohio? How about the east like Maine, VT, Hampshire, NY?

Or are they nothing more than a glorified grayhound bus? Nasty and troublsome with a high poetential of weird ducks on them?

These type of things--expensive? can a feller CHL on them?
Never been on a train before, seems that it might be a good way to take some time and see the country.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Deputy,
Amtrak still has routes that will take you around the Country. In May, I was a chaperone on my Daughters 5th grade school trip and we left out of Michigan and went to California, up to Washington state then back through the northern part of the Country. All in all we hit 18 states in 9 days and had an absolute blast. www.amtrak.com and click on the routes and it will show you where all you can go. Just a little advice though, the meals are a little pricey on the train, and the snacks are expensive also so take some snaks with you. Take the time to take the trip, you will enjoy it.
Brian

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "city of New Orleans" train. Now i know where the song came from.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Everybody should see Montana at least once before they die! It is drop dead beautiful, at least the Western part of it is anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts