Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Except for AMC's "Halt and Catch Fire," it was an uneventful tv night. So, Netflix to the rescue. One of the promoted titles was Jesse Stone: Thin Ice.
I know I've seen it before but I decided to watch it again.
IMO it's one of the best tv-movie series of the last 10 years.
While Thin Ice was not written by Robert B. Parker, it remains true to Stone's character.

In this particular tv-movie, Stone's right arm was grazed by a bullet. In one scene, he was shown in the range, shooting his 1911 left-handed, with Suitcase and Rose. Suit later commented that it's going to be difficult for Stone because of the right-handed safety, and suggested ambidextrous safety.

At home, Stone put the 1911 inside the nightstand drawer and took out his SW revolver. Safety? What safety?

Jesse Stone (Character)
Jesse Stone: Thin Ice - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

·
Registered
424 Posts
Love the Jesse Stone series. Hallmark has the movies on their station in a marathon now and then. I've seen them a few times, so they make good background TV. There's two I haven't seen, but Amazon or Netflix has them.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I like those movies too. I've still got three more to watch on Netflix. Thin Ice on instant, and two more waiting in DVDs.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CBS has Selleck on Blue Bloods. I hope the network and Tom can continue the series.

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I watch Blue Bloods too. I also liked Vegas with Dennis Quaid, but it got axed.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I watch Blue Bloods too. I also liked Vegas with Dennis Quaid, but it got axed.
Ah Vegas, of all the crap on tv, why did that one get axed?

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Selleck is one of my favorites. He's great on Blue Bloods and I watch his Jesse Stone movies whenever they're on TV.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I watch anything with Tom Selleck in it. Him and Sam Elliott are two of my favorites, especially in westerns.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Love the Jesse Stone series of movies, have seen them all at least twice. Got hooked on Robert B Parker books (all of his writing) after seeing the movies.:D

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Selleck is perfectly cast, I'm not sure if Parker had Tom in mind when he created his Jesse Stone character.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Have all the Jessie stone but one on DVD, one of the few I have watched multiple times. Far as I know read all the Spencer and Sunny Randall books too. Quigly Down under great movie.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have all the Jessie stone but one on DVD, one of the few I have watched multiple times. Far as I know read all the Spencer and Sunny Randall books too. Quigly Down under great movie.
I have to admit I wasn't a Selleck fan and tried to avoid Quigley Down Under. But, the Jesse Stone series turned me into a fan. Yes, Quigley's a great movie.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
17,083 Posts
I watch anything with Tom Selleck in it. Him and Sam Elliott are two of my favorites, especially in westerns.
I really like The Sacketts, with those two and Glenn Ford.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I've always liked Tom Selleck's abilities in front of the camera and have really appreciate his roles in westerns...especially the Louis L'amour series! The wife likes him too and we own the whole Jesse Stone Series...great watchin'!

·
Registered
846 Posts
All the already mentioned films with Selleck are good. My personal favorite of Selleck movies is "Monte Walsh". He's great in that, and the Sacketts.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Big Tom Selleck fan here too! My ringtone is the theme to Magnum, P.I.
I also like the jesse stone movies. I wasnt aware they were on netflix until i read this thread. I will check it out.
Does anyone know the sequential order of the movies?

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Big Tom Selleck fan here too! My ringtone is the theme to Magnum, P.I.
I also like the jesse stone movies. I wasnt aware they were on netflix until i read this thread. I will check it out.
Does anyone know the sequential order of the movies?
I lost track and not sure how accurate this is:
Jesse Stone (a Titles & Air Dates Guide)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts