Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, all. New member here, and even though I'm a Ruger owner, I'm here today to regretfully inform all that John Gallagher, a well-known gunsmith here in Jasper, Alabama, has passed away Tuesday the 14th, 2020.

I got to know John many years ago working locally in auto parts, and we became good friends over his old truck restorations, plus great gun conversations. I'm going to miss him, and I know that anyone who's used his services will too.

A good man, with integrity. Rest in peace, John.

Thanks for the forum,

K B Tidwell
Jasper, Alabama

·
Administrator
22,748 Posts
I have read many single action writers praising his work on single action revolvers. He was a skilled gunsmith that made the S/A's butter smooth. RIP.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Gunsmiths of today are generally not very knowledgeable when it comes to some of the older firearms that we collect today. It is a skill that is passing with the older gunsmiths who retire or pass away. I am sorry to hear of your friend’s death but, I feel certain that he will be remembered and thought of often.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Hi, all. New member here, and even though I'm a Ruger owner, I'm here today to regretfully inform all that John Gallagher, a well-known gunsmith here in Jasper, Alabama, has passed away Tuesday the 14th, 2020.

I got to know John many years ago working locally in auto parts, and we became good friends over his old truck restorations, plus great gun conversations. I'm going to miss him, and I know that anyone who's used his services will too.

A good man, with integrity. Rest in peace, John.

Thanks for the forum,

K B Tidwell
Jasper, Alabama
Thanks for the info, may John Gallagher rest in peace ... good gunsmiths are hard to come by ...

It's bittersweet but welcome to the forum from the Buckeye State ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts