Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I absolutely love it.

Seriously though, and maybe this is a stupid question, but you can't *shoot* a gun like that, right? I mean, does anyone buy those and do anything other than put it in a safe or a display case? I'd love to own one, but dang, it would be really really hard not to take it out and shoot it a few times, no???

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eddie, if I owned one, I would shoot it! I don't want a gun I am afraid to shoot.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I'm like you Tim. I have 3 engraved guns and in the process of getting the forth and I shoot every one of them. I don't have any safe Queens. I like pretty guns, but I also like to shoot them. :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Good point. I mean, it's a limited edition, yeah, but it's not like they only made one of them. Once you shoot six rounds through it you could relax and just have fun with it.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'd shoot it/ If I had that kind of money and wanted to buy one, I'd make it two, one for the safe and one for the holster. I don't usually care much for engraved or BBQ guns but I like this one!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Guess my love for engraved guns go back to my childhood. Wasn't any around my part of the country and when I saw the first ones in Museums, I thought when I get where I can I'm going to have one. I loved the cap-guns with all the engraving, but when I was grown, I bought a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 cal Carbine, and fixed it up, Real Pearl Grips, and all. I now have two engraved P97's and in the process of getting a P90 engraved. Hope my Grandkids enjoy engraved guns like I do. I love to look at the artwork of engraving same as paintings and other forms of artwork. It amazes me at how talented some people are.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
that would be one to have for sure, I think the Duke would want ya to shoot it. To me it would be like shooting with him, that would have been something to have had the chance of a life time to shoot with the Duke.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

Traded if for a John Deere Tractor. Wish I had bought the tractor and kept the Blackhawk.
Yep I hear that. The tractor is probably long gone and the Blackhawk would still be going strong! But I must say that was one heck of a trade!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts