Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
OP, congrats. That's a nice one. bwinters, I feel the same. I have two bone stock ones, and love them both, but I often feel I'm a member of a very small club.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems everyone I talk to has 2 or 3 of them, I must have been the only one not to own one yet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't own one though I want to. My Dad has one so if I really want to shoot one I just borrow his.

How much was yours, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
The 10/22 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first very own firearm. It's taken countless game...punched hundreds of targets...and has been my plinking goto. In all those years it has never let me down.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I've got two, both have the walnut stocks and are stock except the first one I've had a Volquartzen trigger and sear installed, (Bought it back in the early '70's) the other, is one I just got that also has a walnut stock, however it has a Mannlicher stock, I've had it a couple of months, and later today I plan on shooting it for the first time.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
10/22s are addictive. I have several, a couple mostly stock, several with different sights and stocks. I am particularly partial to the VQ charging handle.

You may want to pick up the 10/22 tool. It is really great for when you remove the 10/22 bolt and charging handle.

·
Registered
997 Posts
CONGRATs on your new 10/22, Just got mine last week. Black/Blued barrel ! Picked up a Bushnell 4x scope, and 4 BX 25 mags in the mail :) I shot a fe mags already, Pretty accurate rifle :)

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
10/22s are addictive. I have several, a couple mostly stock, several with different sights and stocks. I am particularly partial to the VQ charging handle.

You may want to pick up the 10/22 tool. It is really great for when you remove the 10/22 bolt and charging handle.

These things are addictive, I blame the young guy at the gun store that showed the gun to me, went and got that tool plus more. Got a bolt release plate, extractor, and a bolt buffer while I was there. Then came the BX trigger, talk about nice, half the pull of the stock one, and more ammo today because they had it, very rare. When does it end.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I don't own one though I want to. My Dad has one so if I really want to shoot one I just borrow his.

How much was yours, if you don't mind me asking?
MY 2 cents on price, As stated shop around on line and your LGS. I got mine last week Black/Blued barrel $239 from my small local shop! IMO a lot of the online shops have a good price BUT you usually pay shipping and FFL transfer at your LGS ,(avg $25) so in my case local was cheaper

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i own two, both are stock - mine is the same SS Carbine as OP / Killowatt's, the other is a Compact for the kids, which they have outgrown.

i see no need to modify ours.

great guns, reliable as the sun and a ton of fun.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts