Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after circling around a number of 1V's over the years, coming close but never acquiring one, I have finally succumbed and bought my first 1V in 220 Swift. Rifle is from the early 90's and fired very little according to the seller. It comes with dies and 400 unfired cases. Plan on mounting a 4-16 scope. Arrives at my FFL this weekend and will spend next week on the reloading bench working up some 50-55g loads. It joins two other .22 CF's - a .222 Remington, and a .22-250. I have a soft spot for 22's...

Can't wait!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Congratulations on the #1! They are a little unique but are like lays potato chips, you can’t have just one. I predict more in your future. Post pics and let us know how it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
after circling around a number of 1V's over the years, coming close but never acquiring one, I have finally succumbed and bought my first 1V in 220 Swift. Rifle is from the early 90's and fired very little according to the seller. It comes with dies and 400 unfired cases. Plan on mounting a 4-16 scope. Arrives at my FFL this weekend and will spend next week on the reloading bench working up some 50-55g loads. It joins two other .22 CF's - a .222 Remington, and a .22-250. I have a soft spot for 22's...

Can't wait!
I have a #1 V in 220 Swift & love it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
nice enjoy i got a No1v223

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats on the new gun.

I have 5.

1. A 1S 338 win mag that is a real killer on size large game with the old Trophy Bonded
Bear claw..
2. 1V Lilja re barreled 17 Fireball with trigger work by Mark Penrod
3. 1V 22PPC that is a tack driving coyote gun
4. 1V 6mm BR that is my mid range coyote gun
5. 1B 6.5 Creedmoor which shoots long range pretty well even with the pencil barrel

You just can never have enough #1's or good single shots for that matter.

·
Premium Member
13,944 Posts
Welcome the forum from Illinois!

·
Registered
4 Posts
6.5X55RSI

Just found a swed until I saw it at the shop I didn't know that they made the mannlicher style No1 love it!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Congratulations topclass. As was indicated above 1 #1 is not enough. I also have a .22 center fire affliction, .22 Hornet M77, .22K Hornet #1B, .218 Bee #1B, .223 Mini 14, and a .220 Swift pre '64 M70 also a .243 Winchester #1V ,all No 1s are blue and walnut and are good shooters.
I am now looking for either a .257 Rob'ts or maybe the 6.5 Creedmoor in #1 B blue and walnut.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I currently have two in 220 Swift, once I figure which shots best the other one will be for sale.

Here's a picture of some development work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts