Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past weekend I was at a gun show in York, PA. Picked up a new Ruger P-345, .45 ACP.

Quite a jump from my only other auto-pistol (Ruger MKIII Hunter). Took it to the range. Took me a while to get a feel for it. I am definitely MUCH more accurate with my GP100 .357 for which I achieved 16 of 18 rounds on target with three on the bullseye versus 4-5 rounds out of 8-9 with the P-345 (and one bullseye).

This is also my first weapon for CCW'ing. And this past weekend was my first time ever carrying concealed.

BTW, I saw a listing for a ProMag 15-round mag. But everywhere on the web people were saying they're trash. Does any other manufacturer offer a larger capacity mag for the P-345 (as I understand it, it is compatible with all other Ruger .45 auto-pistol mags).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Its a Magazine not a clip .. and pro mags are junk .. I have not seen anyother Hi cap mag for a p-345

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a Magazine not a clip .. and pro mags are junk .. I have not seen anyother Hi cap mag for a p-345
Yes, I know...sorry, I committed the unpardonable sin. It happens - fixed. I really try not to. But hey, "clip" is easier to say...and I'm tired on four hours of sleep. And yes, I understand we're typing. But when this tired you have to say it in your head to keep the letters coherent.

;-)

·
Registered
40 Posts
the .45 is a tough one to get accustomed to ... but once you do it will be as easy as you 357 ...

·
Squirrel Sniper 1st class
254 Posts
my 2 - 20 round (p94-.40) promag magazines perform flawlessly......

i use them at the range rather than reloading every 10 shots, i can go 20.....

i love them they fit great, feed awesomely, and are solidly built.....

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
my experience with any of those xtra-super high capacity extended pistol mags has been terrible from any aftermarket maker.

I chose to stick with the factory orginal mags and if i must buy aftermarket it will be Mec-gar---which as i understand now-a-days is building mags for ruger.

The mag is probably the most important part of a semi. Does not matter how accurate, durable, or what ever custom bells and whistles come on it------it ain't worth spit if the mags are bad or suspect...................in my mind, cheap aftermarket does'nt cut it for serious social occasion and that is how my range time is spent----practicing for such an occasion so nothing but factory mags for my p90.

Now if ya just want to enjoy yourself at the range, then sure, give her a try if ya want--no harm, no foul. but i think another factory mag would be a better investment in the long run.

I still ain't talked myself into another high-cap 9mm yet. Still of the opinion that 8 rds in the 45 are plenty enough. But should i decide to get a handgun that holds 15 rds or more, it will be a 9mm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts