Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everybody. I'm a long-time Ruger owner, and participatant on "the other" Ruger forum (there I'm known as "P94/GP100"). I just became aware of this forum, so I thought I'd join in. I actually carried a P85 on active duty as an Army officer back in the early 1990's (the fact that I was a) a field-grade officer and b) a Group XO probably had just a tad to do with my ability to choose my own PDW!). Currently I'm a Realtor in Washington state, and an active IDPA and GSSF participant; in fact, I recently used my new P89 in our recent November IDPA match-some of you may have read about it on the other forum. Although I've had numerous Rugers (let's see...P85, P89, P89TH, P90 Police Special, KP97, SP101, 3 GP100's, Security Six in stainless, all-weather Mini-14, Vaquero 5 1/2" stainless in .357, M77 RSI in .308, and a P944TH are the ones that come to mind). Currently, I have my P89, a GP100 4" that has been extensively gone through by Chris Peters, my 4" stainless Security Six (with Trausch grips, which were also discussed at length on the other forum). I'm glad that I discovered this forum, and I'm looking forward to participating.

Best, Jon

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome! you definately have a few! Join in anytime.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome glad to have ya with us.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome from a neighbor in Kent... where you at? You'll enjoy this site, a bunch of knowledgeable good people.
Where do you shoot IDPA, Renting Fish and Game?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jim-I'm in Auburn, and yes, I shoot IDPA at the Renton Fish and Game range (every third Saturday of the month, for anyone in the area interested). I used to shoot steel plate matches at Bullseye in Tacoma, until the owner decided that he didn't think that it warrented his support or venue, so now I've begun shooting the Gig Harbor Sportsmans' Club steel plate match, which is every Tuesday evening (and far better organized and run than its predecessor)-the construction of the new Tacoma Narrows bridge span makes it time effective for me to trudge over and play from my office in Auburn. Both matches reeinforce each other as skill-builders. At the steel plate match, I find myself more inclined to compete with my single-action autos and revolvers (last night I competed with my .40 FN Hi-Power Mk III), while in IDPA I tend to shoot in the division that I'm classified in-Stock Service pistol (earlier this month, I had a great time competing with my P89 in a driving rainstorm that lasted through the entire match). Good fun!

Best, Jon

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
JonRugerInWA,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, hope you enjoy the fellowship here and are active in the forums, great people and great guns, once again, welcome,
peace

·
Registered
401 Posts
Jon - Hopefully I can make the IDPA match, Dec. 15, @ RF&G, may see you there. Good shootin' and again... welcome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.