Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're like me, you often bring a few calibers to the range with you. I don't enjoy separating different cases when I get home, after picking up and dumping the cases in the bottom of a range bag. So what I do now is ask the teller at credit union if they have any of those canvas money bags that they can spare. They've always given me 2 or 3 each time I've asked. It makes it easy to put each different caliber in it's own bag for later reloading, and they're heavy duty, too. Also store my batteries for flashlights, walkie talkies, etc. when I'm camping\hunting. And they make a great way to protect your extra fishing reels when you're backpacking into some remote fishing spot. It's a lightweight, space saving, durable method for organizing, storing and protecting your gear, and cheap, too! just thought I'd pass it on...

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Unless I am shooting a bottom feeder I always put my spent brass back in the plastic ammo box's I bought from Midway. They are pretty handy, different colors for different calibers.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The gun club I belong to has pea gravel in the pistol range, & our litle private range has grass & weeds. I throw a tarp down for the brass to fall on. That makes it easy to find, then I usually just throw it in my range bag.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The last time I was shooting at the indoor range, I left with a 7 gallon bucket full of brass that I have sorted out... I have a ton of .40 cal, .45 ACP but do not have either caliber to shoot any longer. I will have to sit down and sort.. I'm not going to clean this stuff, but it will sure make someones day, when they get a Karma Present :D

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
gunman42782 - I'm with you. I stop and take time to do it while I'm still out there. And most all is in the MTM or Caseguard plastic boxes. Instead of a range bag, I have started using a red plastic tool box with a lift out tray. Tools on the top and ammo in the bottom. Also has room for a gun or two if I don't bring too much ammo.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts

I use those plastic ice crean containers they have a handle and have a top and since they save them for me at owrk they don't cost me anything. Works for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I steal my wife's frosting cans out of the cupboard. They're plastic w/lid and eaasily hold 100 empty 38sp cases. when i empty the revolver I just dump it straight into the frosting can. put the lid on when done and take it home. when i get home i dump into a 5 lb plastic folgers can. life is good. [8D]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I had the patience to return my spent cases back in thier respective boxes, but once I get to shooting, all I want to do is shoot some more. I think I have more mags and speed loaders than a man ought to have. Eventually, they all get tossed in the tumbler, anyway. I've just never had the self discipline to take the time to store them in a more organized way. Maybe it's because I usually shoot an average of 6 or 7 hundred rounds each time I go to the range, which is at least three times a month. Thank God for GP100s! Not sure when I'll have to replace the guts on my Kimbers, but so far, so good. Anyway, I found that the canvas money bags work for me.

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts