Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just sold a gun I had not shot for years (as am trying to thin out heard a little) and a working acquaintance gave me a call. Said he had been laid off a while, he knew I liked guns and wanted to know if I would be interested in a Parker Brothers SxS 12 gauge. I met him looked at it and he told me the price he wanted and it immediately came home with me. It is 1921 vintage, a Trojan Model (entry level) in excellent shape. Now want to go try it out on skeet as it feels perfectly balanced. Not too heavy but feels like it just fits so easy and perfectly in shoulder. I have not seen a Parker Bros for sale in a very long time.
The more I read on it the more Iam appreciating the gun.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Jeepnut, that is a beautiful SXS don't blame ya I'd jumped on that at any price. Right now I've only got two, one is a Browning SXS 20 GA. with a sporter stock, the other is just a Rossi coach gun in the 12GA. I've always been attracted to SXS. Used a Lefever 12Ga. that had belonged to my grandfather, however it was lost between my uncles and cousins, once he was deceased. I do remember the side plates were engraved with ducks on one side and pheasants on the other. The Lord only knows where it ended up,

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I, too, am a sucker for SxS shotguns. I've wanted a Stevens 311 shotgun for an exceedingly long time.
I've had one for quite some time. Fun old shotgun. This one is in 20ga. It's so long, could not fit it all in the pic! And a couple of .410's and a 12ga.

Attachments

·
One Star
9,629 Posts
Sweet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Me too...

Meridan 16 ga, 30" full and Mod. I also have a 32" Meridian 12 ga.

JP Sauer with 3 ring Krupp Barrels (pre 1899)

Oh yea, There is a BSS Browning and Lefever with Damascus barrels, plus an English hammer gun in 12 gauge with fluid steel barrels.

I shoot all of them

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Me too...

Meridan 16 ga, 30" full and Mod. I also have a 32" Meridian 12 ga.

JP Sauer with 3 ring Krupp Barrels (pre 1899)

Oh yea, There is a BSS Browning and Lefever with Damascus barrels, plus an English hammer gun in 12 gauge with fluid steel barrels.

I shoot all of them
Beautiful Huntschool! Much nicer engraving on your English gun then my Spanish side x side.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts