Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from another old new guy. I have a 1959 Mark I which shoots just where you point it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello from another old new guy. I have a 1959 Mark I which shoots just where you point it.
i HAVE ONE OF THOSE ALSO BUT I DON'T SHOOT IT MUCH. I HAVE FIGURED HOW TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AFTER CLEANING. I DON'T LIKE THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE THE LAST ROUND HOLD OPEN FEATURE, DON'T LIKE THE BOLT HOLD OPEN/SAFETY BUTTON, DON'T LIKE THE MAGAZINE RELEASE BUT IT DOES SHOOT STRAIGHT. MINE IS NOT MARKED MARK SO IT IS A PRE-MARK. IT IS THE STANDARD MODEL AND CAME WITH FIXED SIGHTS. SOME YEARS AGO I REPLACED THE REAR SIGHT WITH AN ADJUSTABLE SIGHT. IT WORKS WELL.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i HAVE ONE OF THOSE ALSO BUT I DON'T SHOOT IT MUCH. I HAVE FIGURED HOW TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AFTER CLEANING. ADJUSTABLE SIGHT. IT WORKS WELL.
Well, you're certainly smarter than me. I had a problem putting it back together so I ran like a cur dog here for help. Ha! Sure, it's a pain. But it was the Mark 1..The first design. So they made a ton of improvements since. I read where the thing was $39.95 when it was new. Mine is from 1959, so says the serial. I just wish the modern ammo was as trustworthy as that 60 year old pistola! You're my first reply on here and I surely thankee!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, you're certainly smarter than me. I had a problem putting it back together so I ran like a cur dog here for help. Ha! Sure, it's a pain. But it was the Mark 1..The first design. So they made a ton of improvements since. I read where the thing was $39.95 when it was new. Mine is from 1959, so says the serial. I just wish the modern ammo was as trustworthy as that 60 year old pistola! You're my first reply on here and I surely thankee!!
YOUTUBE VIDEOS DID THE TRICK. I ALSO HAVE AN SR22 WITH A 4.5 INCH BARREL THAT IS A REAL HOOT TO SHOOT. I ALSO HAVE A 6.5 INCH SINGLE SIX WITH A BISLEY GRIP AND FIBER OPTIC SIGHTS. TAKING THAT ONE TO THE RANGE LATER TODAY. I ALSO HAVE A 10/22 TD THAT I SOMEWHAT CUSTOMIZED. GOTTA LOVE THOSE RUGERS AND A BIG WELCOME FROM THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF NEW JERSEY (HOME OF PHIL MURPHY - TYRANT KING.)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,626 Posts
Greetings from Ohio and welcome to the forum.

·
Exchequer
4,489 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Greetings from Maine and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Greetings from the Show Me State.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Buckeye State ...

·
Premium Member
13,944 Posts
Welcome from Illinois.

·
Army CW3
1,078 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
Pony Soldier
8,489 Posts
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts