Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just another Ruger user

1K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Ruger6 
#1 ·
Hello from another old new guy. I have a 1959 Mark I which shoots just where you point it.

#2 ·
i HAVE ONE OF THOSE ALSO BUT I DON'T SHOOT IT MUCH. I HAVE FIGURED HOW TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AFTER CLEANING. I DON'T LIKE THAT IT DOESN'T HAVE THE LAST ROUND HOLD OPEN FEATURE, DON'T LIKE THE BOLT HOLD OPEN/SAFETY BUTTON, DON'T LIKE THE MAGAZINE RELEASE BUT IT DOES SHOOT STRAIGHT. MINE IS NOT MARKED MARK SO IT IS A PRE-MARK. IT IS THE STANDARD MODEL AND CAME WITH FIXED SIGHTS. SOME YEARS AGO I REPLACED THE REAR SIGHT WITH AN ADJUSTABLE SIGHT. IT WORKS WELL.

#4 ·
i HAVE ONE OF THOSE ALSO BUT I DON'T SHOOT IT MUCH. I HAVE FIGURED HOW TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AFTER CLEANING. ADJUSTABLE SIGHT. IT WORKS WELL.
Well, you're certainly smarter than me. I had a problem putting it back together so I ran like a cur dog here for help. Ha! Sure, it's a pain. But it was the Mark 1..The first design. So they made a ton of improvements since. I read where the thing was $39.95 when it was new. Mine is from 1959, so says the serial. I just wish the modern ammo was as trustworthy as that 60 year old pistola! You're my first reply on here and I surely thankee!!

#6 ·
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.