Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in '69,I saw an article in Gun World Magazine about a horseman who road coast to coast on his horse. Took him seven months. During that ride he designed a rather robust knife called the SaberTooth.

I had always wanted a knife like that,so forty six years later,I finally got one directly from Jefferson Spivey.

If you go to the Spivey Knife website your can read an article in Tactical Knives Magazine about the knife and also of a story where a man in SC used the knife to save himself from an alligator attack.

Anyone else here have a SaberTooth Knife???

Top Dog

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
That's one bad a** knife. And at 12 3/4 inches long! Sort of a tactical-bowie with a trigger guard. Honestly I have seen many copies of this type of design but never knew an American (Jefferson Spivey) was the original designer for that type of blade. Very nice purchase Top Dog. I may have to start saving up for one myself. Which handle did you get for it? Also how does it balance and feel?

Here's a picture for those curious about what it looks like below.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RevolverGuy,
I got the brown handle with what is called the full cape line just like the one you have the photos of.

The half cape one does not have that line going all the way,just about half way.

The past couple of nights I whittled a few sticks with the SabreTooth and for knife that size,it was quite capable of some fine work.

No need to sharpen the edge as before it even gets near dull,I use a burnishing steel to realigne the edge.

I ordered the Knife last Tuesday and had it by Friday afternoon.

Mr. Spivey fills the order quickly and ships it out Priority Mail.

Top Dog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts