Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe I have ever seen so many people at a gun show! It was incredible!

Didn't buy anything new... just picked up some ammo...

The local news had cameras there; wonder if it will make the 6:00 news.

Mike

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
I went to one of the weekly shows here and the lines were around the building.All the times I've gone to that show it has never ever been that crowded...

·
Registered
586 Posts
MDC, I went to that gun show too. I've been to many gun shows at the KCI Expo Center since it's just a few miles from my home. I have never seen that many people attend a show there. I was there at 11:00a and the line to get in was out the door with probably 50-70 in line outside. I saw many people walking out with cases of ammo.

About the only 5.56mm/.223 ammo I saw was two 200 round packs at one table. I've bought that same brand of ammo at an LGS for $90. They were priced at $120. The guys there selling ammo had stacks of empty pallets that I assume once held .223/5.56 ammo. The most I'd ever paid for a 30 round magazine was $15 yet they were selling PMAGs for $50. I saw a guy walking around with a backpack full of them for $30 each.....about 2 1/2 times what they normally sell for.

My dad bought a stainless steel P95 there last year for about $320. Using that baseline, the guns were all marked up at least $50.

With all these high prices, things were selling like crazy. I heard one table said they would probably sell everything today and not go back tomorrow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was there at 9am and the line inside was like a looong snake. Must have been 150-200 in line. That didn't count everyone already inside. I Fought the mob for an hour to get a few supplies. They were still crowding through the doors when I left at 10.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts