Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the ol eyes have gotten worse, and even though I am getting my yearly free check up and glasses finally I need to scope my 30-30, I know [V] as I think they look better clean too. But I got to be able to tell antlers from bald does in the woods thick brush.

So I will be buying a new scope for this old work horse. I found my see through Weaver scope mounts, I know about lower profile and all, but I like the fact that I can still use the iron sights for real close shots as well. So we will see, as I also have a Laupold rail mount for scope rings too, should I decided to make the lower profile look better.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Already got a name for this one.... "Jenny" only because I know a girl who is always shooting her mouth off :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
looks like that'l work! Always had a lot of respect for the 30-30.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was quite happy with my sighting in... at 25 yrds I adjusted to hit dead on POA, then moved out to the 100 yrd steel dinger 8" plate that was hanging.

A dead bang hit just off center, now I am very happy with this set up.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have a scope on my Marlin 30 30 and 35 Remington 150 to 175 yards I can take deer size game easy. I haven't had a deer ever be futhurer that that. At the range I go to I can hit the steel plate at 200 meters. So it works for me.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Marlin's look good with a scope. I put one on my Savage 99 for the same reason and do not regreat it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well the ol eyes have gotten worse, and even though I am getting my yearly free check up and glasses finally I need to scope my 30-30, I know [V] as I think they look better clean too. But I got to be able to tell antlers from bald does in the woods thick brush.

So I will be buying a new scope for this old work horse. I found my see through Weaver scope mounts, I know about lower profile and all, but I like the fact that I can still use the iron sights for real close shots as well. So we will see, as I also have a Laupold rail mount for scope rings too, should I decided to make the lower profile look better.
My Marlin .30-30 wears a Loupy 3 x 9 .

God bless
Wyr

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I put a red dot on my Guide gun. It sure handles and shoots quick now!

Putting a scope on that 30-30 just made it into an incredibly versatile rifle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts