Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been over at the other rugerforum and I didn't know this one existed until today!

My only Ruger so far is a 50th anniv 44mag BH. I've been out to shoot it a few times and really like how it shoots.

I'm saving my pennies for a 44 Alaskan currently...

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

Thanks for welcome everyone. Something about the 50th anniv 44 was calling to me from the first time I saw it on the Ruger site. Then some kind fellow let me try his 357 mag BH and that was enough. I've had it for a little bit and I've put a few handloads through it so far, 200gr and 240gr around 1000 fps. I put some grips from Cary on it as the factory plastics were biting a bit:

I've finally loaded some 240gr rounds with a slower powder (vv n110 20.0gr) which I think should be around 1200 fps. Looking forward to seeing how they shoot.

So far, I really enjoy shooting it!

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Greetings alank2,
Warmest of welcomes from Connecticut, glad you found us, beautiful piece you got there, hope you enjoy the fellowship here, a lot of great people, again welcome,
peace

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

Thanks for the big welcome everyone! I was very impressed with Cary's grips from the moment I opened them. And then again when I put them on.

Thanks,

alan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts