Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First is a Blackhawk 45 Colt that he did the Bisley Conversion on. Besides the Bisley modification also made cylinder to rotate freely either direction and modified to fan gunfighter style. Now I did fan it with 200 gr LSWC with 7 grains tite group. Was fun and very easy to use with his glove he loaned me. I do need to practice this a lot. However, the 360 GR LFNGC over 20 grains 4227 will not be used like this. The Bisley also has Hair Trigger which took some getting used too but is very nice. I did add a One Ragged Hole sight and is easy to line up.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

Second Gun was the old 1963 Old Model Blackhawk in 357 Mag with Hair trigger and the ability to be fanned.It is easier to fan but still need more practice. Shooting 357 Wad Cutters is fun in both modes and it has a One Ragged Hole sight that is very accurate with the wad cutter. So very nice options to find out about and my Friend does do excellent work.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Plant Green Road surface Wood Table

·
Registered
19 Posts
Old habits persist because they are good. My first SA was a Colt, in 1960. These days, 2 guns always get in on every range session. A Ruger 22 convertible, which always groups better with LR, than Mag. And My sweet Blackhawk that shoots 30Carbine. I reload for it, so can afford to blast a bunch. SA's are just more fun.

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
It seems when shooting 45 colt in a single action revolver that all is right in the world.
Couldn't agree with ya more :) .

Nice revolvers. Sounds like you are going to enjoy them. I wouldn't recommend fanning though.... Get a shotgun if you want to hit something :) .

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So true as fanning is less accurate than the shotgun for me but just thought was added option could always be fun. I will say I was proud to have hit the dirt bunker in indoor range and never put a hole in the ceiling or knocked out a light.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ah fanning, that delightful noise and smoke generator that lights up the faces of children of all ages, and brings gunsmiths to their knees. Thanks and glory to the gunmaker that cracks this riddle and makes all his irons fannable from the factory.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Very nice Ruger single action revolvers there! I specially like the second one. I just can't bring myself to fan a revolver, I can just visualize the stress and wear being put on the internals. But that's just me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts