Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From David Clements , my stainless nv45 is finished , after 3 months it's comming home for a little while lol! he set the cylinder gap , had to turn the barrel , serrated the front sight , added a trigger bushing, recut the forcing cone to 11 deg. & engraved Spitn Lead on the butt plate,i plan on shooting about 250 rds thru it when i get it back & then it's off again to Michael Gouse for some engraving.about 50% it's something iv'e always wanted to do since i bought new 750 rds ago. it will be passed on to my son.
SL.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well Mr.Spitn Lead I think that is a great idea. Your making a family heirloom that will last for generations. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
that is nice a once in a life time gun that you can shoot. And passing it down to your son yea he is one lucky son.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Great idea Spitn Lead. As Baldy said, it will be a family heirloom that will last a long time.

I would much rather put money into a nice gun, especially with 50% engraving. I like that kind of "art" rather than the oil painting kind of "art." Both have their place...I just like guns!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Spitn Lead, I have 2 P-97's that I have had Engraved. One has had the works as yours has. My intentions with them are the same as yours, but I also enjoy them now myself. Guns is my fixer uppers as automobiles and other things might be others. Looking forward to seeing Pictures after the Engraving. Michael did one of mine.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Spitn Lead, sounds like it will be real purty. We really do need some before and after pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts