Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D ...and I love it. Got to shoot it yesterday. It was cold and windy enough that the targets were bouncing around and up and down. Still got 4" groups at 25 yards w/ WWB. I'm anxious to see just how tight it shoots on a good day. With my old eyes, even 4" isn't too bad. Not 1 problem - it functioned flawlessly! It even will feed empty cases.

I have owned various 1911's beginning in the early '70's. I always liked the size and weight of the L W Commander, but this Ruger is a better gun for the real world. My 345 is about the same size and weight, but I never was crazy about 'cocked and locked' carry of the Colts. The DA on this gun solves that worry. The pull is long and a bit heavy, but quite smooth after a good cleaning and some dry-fire. It's a good, safe setup for me to carry the gun hammer-down. First shot DA is no problem for speed or accuracy.

SA pull is good, but still has a bit of roughness that will clear up with time and a few more rounds. All in all, this is a lot of gun for the money.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
obxned
Congratulations on your new KP345 and welcome to the forum.Glad to see you.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Welcome from NE Arkansas to the forum... Pull up a chair and sit a spell... We are glad to see you here!

You got a great shooter there... Congrats!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome from s/e Texas...I, too, have carried the LW Commander off n' on for years but admit to being curious about the 345...it appears to be a lot of gun for the money....

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome! Glad you're here.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you like your 345 - I've had one for about a year and love it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley of Va. Sounds like a good day at the range. I like the way the P345 fit my hand, it's definitely on my wish list.Enjoy!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome and the 345 is a smooth shooter. Sure do like mine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.