Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the indoor range this morning. Took a box of Rem UMC 230FMJ and a whole bag full of cast bullet reloads, including 230gr, 225gr snd 200SWC. Also some 240 gr LSWC midrange target loads for my .44 mag. No bragging groups but some fairly respectable shooting for a shaky old guy like me. Felt even better after peeking a few glances at some of the other shooter's targets including two POlicemen. Did a lot better than the last time there and I do believe that new RIA 1911 is a keeper, just needs a bit of tweaking to make it mo better. Shot a few rds through my P97 just to keep in practice and my SBH did it's usual thing with the lighter target loads as long as I held up my part. A good morning's workout.:)
Baker

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Nothing like staying in practice. We need to keep them bullets going close to where we want them. :D If our guns do their part, then its up to us to do ours.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Sounds like a good trip to the range btrumanj. I keep workin' on my RIA 1911 & it keeps gettin' better. (it was good to start with) I like it so much that I ordered a new RIA 1911 in 38 Super this afternon. I should see it in 10 days or so.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Sounds like a good time to me too. Whenever we get a little range time, that's always going to put a smile on your face. I need to get back out there again soon myself -- 45 XD Tactical is feeling a bit neglected at the moment. :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A good day....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts