Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does your safety switch jiggle around loose ? I just got my RPR in 308 and I'm not impressed not much precision used in making this rifle even my hand guard is crooked right from the factory looks like I will have to wrench the barrel straight , any body else have these issues ? I haven't even shot it yet

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. It's best to look at a gun before you take it out the door. If the hand guard wasn't straight on a gun I was picking up I just let my LGS deal with Ruger on it and I get a different one the or wait til another comes in.

When you internet order and pick up from FFL you take the the risk that the store is going to send you it's ugly step children. Why deal with unhappy customer in the store when I can ship it out get my bucks and let someone else deal with Ruger CS, as nice as they are.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
^What he said. Reject the defects by not taking it home.

I also don't usually jump on first runs. I like to have the kinks worked out.

Call Ruger and have them take care if you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back to the gun store and looked at some other RPRs and seems like they all have loose jiggly safety's

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Return it to the gun store where you bought it. If they refuse then call Ruger CS and they will send you a prepaid shipping label and fix it for you at no cost. And find a new gun store if they refuse to help you. Maybe the safety is supposed to be that way but if the hand guard and barrel are crooked then it needs service for sure.

(Have not seen any of these in any of the LGS in my area. Yet.)

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
I don't mean to pick on the OP here, but in general I don't have a lot of sympathy for folks who get home from the store with their new gun and find all sorts of stuff wrong with it that they could have seen before paying for it.

I have had salesmen bring out two or three different samples of the same gun so I could pick the nicest one. If the one on display looks rough from customers handling it, I ask them to bring out one that's still in the box.

It's not like you're buying a bag of M&M's. It's a firearm that you may want to keep for life and even hand down to a child or grandchild. It normally costs anywhere from $300 to $2,000. It's not being picky, but just smart.

If a store seems impatient, find a better store.

Lastly, I've been to stores that simply take a defective gun back and give you another one. They take care of the problem so you don't have to worry about it.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,556 Posts
I don't mean to pick on the OP here, but in general I don't have a lot of sympathy for folks who get home from the store with their new gun and find all sorts of stuff wrong with it that they could have seen before paying for it.

I have had salesmen bring out two or three different samples of the same gun so I could pick the nicest one. If the one on display looks rough from customers handling it, I ask them to bring out one that's still in the box.

It's not like you're buying a bag of M&M's. It's a firearm that you may want to keep for life and even hand down to a child or grandchild. It normally costs anywhere from $300 to $2,000. It's not being picky, but just smart.

If a store seems impatient, find a better store.

Lastly, I've been to stores that simply take a defective gun back and give you another one. They take care of the problem so you don't have to worry about it.
^^What he said.

I usually give it a good inspection before saying, "here, take my money!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts