Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by my LGS on the way home from work tonight, and there it was, bottom shelf, out of the casual viewing of the rubber-neckers. They sold it 2 months ago new, and the fella swapped it back in for a rifle. Not even a box of shells thru it. Pick it up tomorrow, of course, had to check with the wife. She said "get it", so I did. $650.00 out the door, in the box, with all the stuff it comes with. I've always wanted a 1911, and listening to all of you talking about this one, made the jump.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to club!

Oh, and smart wife. ;)

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Congrats! Now you get to see why were so crazy about it. :D

·
Banned
62 Posts
Stopped by my LGS on the way home from work tonight, and there it was, bottom shelf, out of the casual viewing of the rubber-neckers. They sold it 2 months ago new, and the fella swapped it back in for a rifle. Not even a box of shells thru it. Pick it up tomorrow, of course, had to check with the wife. She said "get it", so I did. $650.00 out the door, in the box, with all the stuff it comes with. I've always wanted a 1911, and listening to all of you talking about this one, made the jump.
My first 1911, mine was $699.99/Tax $43.40=$743.39 no complaints with the price, but you did rather well.

Have you been able to get it out of your hand yet:D
It is nice.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Good for you mate.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
Just reloaded some trial loads for mine yesterday.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Let us know how it goes at the range and would like to see some pics when you get a chance...

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Good for you! Three weeks ago I bought a new one for under 600.00 and I have close to 1000 rounds through it without even a hiccup!

·
Banned
153 Posts
Congratulations, Love mine and had it sence December, have never had any issues with it. I can feed it all different brands of ammo even reloads and it don't care it just cycles em all through. Question did you sleep with it the first night. :D

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Congrats with your finding the "Golden Fleece" :D

I really am thrilled for ya!!! I have an SR1911 on order thru my LGS since last May...(and counting :rolleyes:)

Good luck and happy shootin' ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
:eek:
The reason I traded that 1911 for the rifle is that I discovered significant flaws in the barrel making it unsafe to fire. But, I hope you enjoy the gun.........

;)
...........just kidding, you got a great gun. My SR1911 is my best and favorite handgun and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts