Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:Joe Bonamassa "Just Got Paid" Live at The Royal Albert Hall 2009 - YouTube

Well, yesterday, actually. Just my S.S. check, not that much.

But, the anticipation was still there. I actually enjoy getting my check,

going to the bank, and get real money. Pick up a ham sammich at thre

Wendy's on the way home. I miss getting paid every two weeks, bad.

Well, in a few months, I will have to get my money sent to my banking

establishment. Bummer! It won't be the same. Now when I have go

get my money, I will be taking money 'OUT'. BIG difference. Getting

paid was the second best thing about working.

The best thing was 'getting off' after a full days work. And especially on

Friday! No more, 'getting off'.

In a few months, no more paycheck.

Joe Bonamassa - Sloe gin @ Royal Albert Hall - YouTube

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm retired and look at it a bit differently.

For me, every day is a Saturday and there are no Mondays! Every check that I get reminds me of paying into SS for 50 years and putting up with crap from bosses. Now, I don't do ANYTHING that I don't want to do and that tiny check allows me play with my hobbies.

I was forced out of the workforce against my wishes and was really ticked off about that. Now.........retirement is sweet! Work until age 70? What was I thinking?

Flash

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Joe Bonamassa is a bad man on guitar, saw him in Nashville about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know where you are coming from Roger only I was forced out at 58yrs (disabled) but I can still do what I want and when. Its great for the most part ,but I do miss working sometimes.
Tom

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
i know the work i do is important, but if i hit the lottery, i'd quit tomorrow. if i didn't need the money, i'd let someone else have it-- i have SO many things i'm interested in doing, seeing, traveling to, reading, etc. not to mention hanging with friends and/or family, that i think i could comfortably fill two lifetimes at this point and not be at loose ends. when i'm not actually doing those things, i'm thinking about them. life is never boring if your brain is still busy at play.

·
Registered
403 Posts

For me, every day is a Saturday and there are no Mondays! Every check that I get reminds me of paying into SS for 50 years and putting up with crap from bosses. Now, I don't do ANYTHING that I don't want to do and that tiny check allows me play with my hobbies.

I was forced out of the workforce against my wishes and was really ticked off about that. Now.........retirement is sweet! Work until age 70? What was I thinking?

Flash

Same here. And, I love it.

·
Registered
17,444 Posts
I like it, but I'll stick with ZZ Top.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts

Flash
You got that right.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts