Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is an 1992 vintage stainless 3" GP100 that came to me with box, papers, and shipper in as new condition. I was overjoyed to have found this revolver!:):

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,972 Posts
Wow! What a great find. I was really confused by the grips. I've never seen solid wood grips on a factory GP-100. Also, there is no mention of them in RENE nor on the box label. They have to be aftermarket .... sure do look nice though.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ruger wooden grips!

Iowegan: Actually, the wooden grips on my GP100 above, are original Ruger grips, made by Lett Grips Company. These grips were offered on some of the Super Redhawks sometime back. They are an exact duplicate of the full sized GP100 neoprene rubber/wood grips-except just being made out of solid wood. You can find these grips on ebay once in a great while! Yet, these grips really add "class" to the GP100's!:)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
excellent weapon.........

·
Registered
129 Posts
Beeeeauuuuutifulllll!!! Love the grips. Got to love those 3 inch barrel GP100 revolvers...soon to be collector's items as Ruger will no longer make them. Makes you wonder who up at the top makes decisions at Ruger...eh?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I agree that somebody at the top at Ruger, certainly had made the wrong decision in discontinuing the 3-inch GP100's! Thanks again for all of the compliments!

·
Banned
723 Posts
Very nice. :)

I too think Ruger is making the wrong decision if they are ceasing production of the 3" GP100. Knowing me, and that I like the 3" GP100, I'd bet Ruger is discontinuing it. :(

All of us that are lucky enough to own one are lucky.

Biker

·
Registered
163 Posts
Beeeeauuuuutifulllll!!! Love the grips. Got to love those 3 inch barrel GP100 revolvers...soon to be collector's items as Ruger will no longer make them. Makes you wonder who up at the top makes decisions at Ruger...eh?
I just checked Ruger's web site.

The Blue 3" GP-100 is no longer shown, but the stainless model is and is NOT listed as discontinued.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Once Ruger's remaining limited inventory of their stainless 3" GP100's are gone-that will be it! I had read a thread somewhere recently that had indicated that the 3" stainless GP100's were discontinued! But, that they would be available until Ruger's inventory had been depleted?

·
Registered
444 Posts
ptblank,
VERY COOL GUN.
The non standard GRIPS...rock!
I don't need to comment of yer purchase...ya already know a great buy ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts