Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came home with a brand new SR9C with the stainless slide!! Field stripped and cleaned it good. Loaded it up ... both mags! This is absolutely the most natural pointing and best feeling in my hand pistol I've ever picked up! Busting a gut to get it out where I can shoot it and see if it shoots as good as I hear it does.

Did some dry firing and the trigger is an absolute dream!!

But I'll still usually prefer either my LCP or LC9 for concealed carry. Either of those are so much easier to conceal and weigh so much less.

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. Be sure to clean out the striker channel since Ruger likes to pack them full of grease.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Congrats on the 9c. I'm sure you will love it. As suggested, be sure and clean the grease out of the striker. It might save you a pile of grief.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just had to do it

Glad you did it, the SR9c is one very nice gun. As for carrying it I find no problem, carry mine IWB and find it an excellent carry gun. Always have a good holster and gun belt.

You now have one very good shooter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the same experience when I first handled the SR9C. Liked it even more after shooting it. Congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol! Always nice to bring a new one home!

I've looked at 'em...held 'em...felt good in my hand! Debating whether to get the 9 or the .40! I have a Glock 23 in .40...and the wife has a Glock 19 in 9mm. We are wanting to carry the same caliber...so maybe the SR9c...same ammo...but I get to carry a Ruger!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for carrying it I find no problem, carry mine IWB and find it an excellent carry gun. Always have a good holster and gun belt.
Not criticizing your judgement. One person's idea of concealed can be another person's idea of too much bulge. :) It's a very personal thing. Some people can carry a 12 gauge riot gun "concealed". I'll be ordering a SuperTuck and for some occasions it'll be just fine ... for me. Especially now that heaver clothes are in order. For other situations the LCP will still be my preferred CW. BTW ... I've carried concealed for years, so I have very specific ideas of what concealed means for me.

I'm really looking forward to shooting the SR9C. To me it's what the Glock, or at least one model of the Glock, should have been. I had a Glock 40 cal once. Absolutely a fine gun ... but not for me! Didn't feel right ... in my hand. Didn't point naturally ... for me. Didn't have a slide safety, which for me is something important to have.

Back to the concealment issue. Strangely enough I find that the same pocket holster I have for the LC9 will also work great for the SR9C. And with some of my shorts I'm very comfortable with it and the SR9C. But with other pants on I wouldn't go out in public with even the LC9 in my pocket! Obviously a lot depends on what clothes one has on, what the circumstances are, and the self consciousness/personal preference factor of each individual.

Different spokes for different folks. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got in from the range. Shot 70 rounds through the SR9C without a hiccup. Wasn't really trying for accuracy but I was still spinning a 4" metal plate at 10 yards and part of that time I was one handed off hand just for the heck of it shooting. I think the sights are set a little high so when I get down to business I'll probably drop the rear sight a little.

This is, as everyone has said, one great shooting son of a gun!! Absolutely minimal felt recoil for a 9mm and one really sweet trigger!! As I said in an earlier post, this, for me, is what a Glock should have been. If anyone's looking for a 9mm or a 40 cal .... don't buy anything until you've tried one of these jewels out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts