Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got tired of waiting for Ruger to build one, and I have a weakness for Uberti anyway. This one was LNIB at the local gunshop when I saw it a few weeks ago. I initially passed on it, then went back on Monday for further fondling and self hypnotic justification and of course it was gone :( A few days later I asked about ordering one, if they were even available, and the owner said the first one hadn't sold...it was on layaway. If the guy didn't come back by Friday to claim it, it was mine.

My so-so cell phone camera doesn't pick up the fire blued screws, but they are a really cool addition. So, now if I ever find myself in a New Orleans cathouse shootout I'll at least be dressed appropriately [:eek:)]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I loved the old break-top revolvers-would love to have a small one in .44 Spl...the CAS crowd buys a lot of Uberti...good quality????

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I think they are. They will shoot themselves loose faster than a Ruger SA, so you want to be sure everything is tightened down a little more often. I don't have any experience shooting hot loads with them, though I suspect the Rugers have an advantage there too.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Very sharp old revolver there Mr.Morsecode. I got one that was real popular with the river boat gamblers where I was raised. It's a 1895 Iver Johnson better known as a Owls Head. It's a .32cal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yours is genuine old, mine was probably made in the last two years, though I'm having some trouble finding it on the Uberti website. They show a blued version, but no stainless.

Interesting...I have a set of grips that look like yours, only smaller I'm guessing, and they have dog heads on them where yours have the owls. Now I know they must be from an old Iver Johnson.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Eddie, The ejector star cams up when the revolver is broken open and then snaps back down at the full open position to reload. You can pick the empties out one at a time or turn it to the side to shake them out as you open it up.

morsecode, neat looking gun. I hadn't seen that one before. It's the 45colt top break Schofield? Be interested to hear how it feels to shoot if you get it.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
quote:Originally posted by morsecode

So, now if I ever find myself in a New Orleans cathouse shootout I'll at least be dressed appropriately [:eek:)]
Nothing like being armed, and in style!:D Great looking revolver

·
Registered
335 Posts
Cool Break-Down Guns, if I do Say so...<:))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts