Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, this is an excellent piece of engineering. Very high quality polymer. I can imagine how older versions might have had flaws in their designs, but this thing is 100% badass and it installed very easily. Taking off the rear sight wasn't too hard. I need to find a smaller punch for the front. I love the auto-bolt and extended clip releases. The whole gun is very solid. I picked up a $25.00 bi-pod grip and some rubber rail guards. I had metal side rails on my airsoft gun so those fit right on with a little self-tapping of the plastic holes. The wifey was hesitant at first because of her pre-requisite experience with the air-soft gun, and the fact that it came in a plastic case. I showed her that the Original Ruger stock was held on with one screw and plastic band that is made from the same material as the entire Nomad stock. She was like :rolleyes:

I bought a $50 Center point 4 reticule, red/green dot sight from walmart. The reticule lines up above the front sight, so it's not too big of an issue. I'm contemplating cutting out the lower clip housing to allow the factory 10-round mags, and the original safety lock that came with the gun. I don't care for the fake clip sleeves. I think it looks better with slim clips. And I can carry 2 clips in the space of one.

More pics to come!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice work on your 10/22. I went with a Butler Creek folding stock on mine, and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday I shot about 100 rounds through it. I'm never buying Federal Bulk again. And I'm very glad I canceled my order of 2-25 round pro-mags. The 10 round that came with it was popping out unfired bullets with the spent cartridges. BX-25 worked flawlessly. The polymer iron sights are right on the money. Now I realize I need to get glasses or use my left eye for target shooting.

More to come!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine eats federal with no issues, the extra mags I got from Midway feed fine, but the one that came with my kit has some issues. So keep that in mind.

It's nice having the front sight farther, it should increase accuracy a little bit as well. I heard having sights close together can cause some errors on the user end.

Contact Promag and try getting a hold of Tyler, he should be willing to work with you to fix that original magazine, they might even just send you a new one without waiting for the original to ship.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really like that front sight, looks nice. I'm not too worried about the 10 rounder, I'll try some CCI stingers, and see how they feed. I'm sticking with the BX-25's in the mean time.

I had an idea earlier for a rubber grip sleeve with finger grooves that fits 2 bx-25 magazines. I know I would buy at least 2.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I really like that front sight, looks nice. I'm not too worried about the 10 rounder, I'll try some CCI stingers, and see how they feed. I'm sticking with the BX-25's in the mean time.

I had an idea earlier for a rubber grip sleeve with finger grooves that fits 2 bx-25 magazines. I know I would buy at least 2.
If you take the 10 rounder apart, you can remove the limiter from the spring and it becomes a 25 rounder by the way. Since you have BX-25s it should be legal.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you take the 10 rounder apart, you can remove the limiter from the spring and it becomes a 25 rounder by the way. Since you have BX-25s it should be legal.
Good shit man! I'll have to try that. I saw a video about that last night I think.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's some new pictures. Just went shooting today. Had a blast with my parents. My dad hasn't shot a gun in 15 years probably since I was in boy scouts with a .22. My mom has never shot a gun before, but now her new nick name is Nanny Oakley. This Nomad kit is great. A little heavy, but very accurate and comfortable.

Ammo:
Very old Winchester Super-x: Very reliable feeding and accurate.
CCI Stingers: Used them for long range. My dad is the only one who couldn't seem to hit the bottle but he is relatively blind, and my mom and I are far sighted so...
Federal: I had 20 of them, and they are the only ones that FTE.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's some new pictures. Just went shooting today. Had a blast with my parents. My dad hasn't shot a gun in 15 years probably since I was in boy scouts with a .22. My mom has never shot a gun before, but now her new nick name is Nanny Oakley. This Nomad kit is great. A little heavy, but very accurate and comfortable.

Ammo:
Very old Winchester Super-x: Very reliable feeding and accurate.
CCI Stingers: Used them for long range. My dad is the only one who couldn't seem to hit the bottle but he is relatively blind, and my mom and I are far sighted so...
Federal: I had 20 of them, and they are the only ones that FTE.
BX-25 doesn't look too bad honestly. I don't mind the promag ones if the bugs get worked out. I actually ordered an extra, if any have issues I'd just get them replaced for free :D

Out of the 2 I have I put 700 rounds through each and they are still going strong. Federal and Remington Gold Bullet seems to run very well. CCI Mini mags have no issues at all.

What Optic is that?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ah you got the idea for that scope from my thread or just a coincidence, we'll see how it looks monday man, the package is already in carol stream IL? I don't know why they put QCB in the name though. It's a 4x scope lol.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah you got the idea for that scope from my thread or just a coincidence
Just a coincidence, besides the price and reviews. The Center Point will be going on my wife's new 10/22 for x-mas. We have an extra laminate stock, so we're gonna sand it and maybe do some purple stain or purple camo paint.

I just ordered some promag buffers as well.

I'm in love with this gun. It's super accurate, and it doesn't make you go deaf. I need to get the front sight off still. I'm curious to see if the plastic barrel shroud reduces vibrational noise in the barrel. I noticed the 4-prong flash suppressor acts like a tuning fork and will ring for quite a while after a little flick of the finger, let alone a small explosion, so that's not going on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The flash hider wasn't an issue for me. I didn't mind it when I shot with it. I have to do some dremmel work on the fake can so it fits on a 16 inch barrel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry to dig up this old thread but i have some questions. Im a newb and just ordered my nomad stock. wondered if you all had some good places to buy accessories. also do actual g36 parts work with the kit? in the pictures there is a top pic rail on the hanguard....what rail is it and did you have to mod that yourself? sorry for all the questions and i appreciate any help!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Real G36 parts are expensive, cheap plastic ones can be found at airsoft websites, as well as the other handles/scopes. Amazon has some different stuff. I've been modifying my stock for a while to reduce weight. It's eventually going to end up on another 10/22.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts