Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my Mini 14 outta the case to clean it this morning and noticed the rear sight was missing. Looked in the case and found it in there., but the rings on the mount are freaking broke. I wish tech sight would hurry and get the new batch in.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Sounds like you've got luck like mine.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
You could try to call ASI in Colorado, they had a couple Tech sights left last month when I ordered one from them. They charge about $10 more, but if you need one, and no one else has them, it's worth it.
Not sure what you meant by the rings on the mount being broke. What series Mini, and what kind of sight does it have ?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Non-ranch model, correct ? Sight looks like the one on the left ?

If that is the sight you have, you can get the Tech RR200 ( sight shown to right) to replace it. They usually still have those in stock, it's the sights for the Ranch and new mIni's that they seem to be out of.

Attachments

·
Banned
513 Posts
I have a 188. Do you mean the hinge pin for a flip up sight? How did you manage that? I've never seen one fall out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya its the hinge pin and I dont know how in the hell it happened.But the eyes it passes thru are broke

·
Banned
513 Posts
Ya its the hinge pin and I dont know how in the hell it happened.But the eyes it passes thru are broke

Omg. Well no worries, MidwayUSA sales everything for the mini except for the receiver and bolt for the mini. The sights are easily replaceable. But it sounds like someone pulled back on the little flip sight a little too far and broke it, put it back in the case it didn't let a certain someone know about it. :rolleyes:

here is a link to everything mini 14 from Midway: You searched for: ruger mini 14 - MidwayUSA

and the sight: Ruger Rear Sight Assembly Complete Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Only Mini-30

·
Registered
370 Posts
The flip up sight was a mistake on Rugers part IMHO. Get the Tech Sight and be done with it. Like Sandog said check out ASI if you cant wait . If you do get the Tech Sight make sure that you degrease the mounting hole where the screw goes and use some blue loctite. You should not have any problems after that.

·
Banned
513 Posts
The flip up sight was a mistake on Rugers part IMHO.

you know I really hear that alot about the poor little flip up. I personally like them. I know there are better sights out there but what is wrong with the flip up? Does it have anything to do with eye sight, or is it too small or something?:confused:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Really hard to do small adjustments with it, and when you really need to use it, it will probably be flipped down when you are expecting it to be up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Really hard to do small adjustments with it, and when you really need to use it, it will probably be flipped down when you are expecting it to be up.
That kinda hits the nail on the head. I just feel that the flip up was a cheesey sight to offer on such a great little carbine. JMHO>

·
Banned
513 Posts
that makes since. When I used mine I would set it and have to make my own adjustments by eye sight. For years I would point the rifle a little to the left just to hit the bull's eye lol. I guess you just get use to doing somethings a certain way. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
100 new DVD players in a store and one in the bunch is defective. I buy one, I get home to find my DVD player doesn't work ;)

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
From the late, great Albert King song "Born Under a Bad Sign"

"Born under a bad sign,
Been down since I learned to crawl.
If it wasn't for bad luck,
I would have no luck at all."

·
Registered
103 Posts
Eastman,
I don't look like my avatar!

But I'll bet you like looking at your avatar. I know I do! LOL
Gabby

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Eastman,
I don't look like my avatar!

But I'll bet you like looking at your avatar. I know I do! LOL
Gabby
Anastasia was an excellent model to shoot with. She's originally from Kiev.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts