Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate the stock rear sight on my LC9s, the white dots are very small and concave and get shadowed by the overhang shape of the sight. I decided to try the TruGlo TFO's (TG131RT2) and found them on Walmart.com for $71. My wife is Walmart employed and with her discount they were $63. Free shipping and should have them by the 16th.

They are going to be a stocking stuffer for me but I'll report back after I install them after Christmas.

Anyone else have these sights on their LC9/LC9s?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally got around to installing them tonight.

Rear stock sight on mine slide right off after loosening the set screw. New sight needed a bit of filing on the bottom before it would fit. Filed it so it can be pushed in by hand but just barely, then tightened the set screw.

Front stock sight tapped out easily with a nylon punch and small hammer. Mine wasn't pinned and doesn't have a hole in the slide for a roll pin. New one tapped in using about the same force the old one came out with. No filing needed.

The sights seem well made and are very bright in the light and the tritium is like any other night sight in the dark. Only thing I don't like about them is the front sight is very long, about 1" total and shortens the sight radius and also seems like that much of extension from the mount/base (1/2") could be vulnerable to getting bent if snagged or something.

I won't get to the range until next week to actually try them out.

I'll get some pics up later today, it's late and I'm tired.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally got around to installing them tonight.

Rear stock sight on mine slide right off after loosening the set screw. New sight needed a bit of filing on the bottom before it would fit. Filed it so it can be pushed in by hand but just barely, then tightened the set screw.

Front stock sight tapped out easily with a nylon punch and small hammer. Mine wasn't pinned and doesn't have a hole in the slide for a roll pin. New one tapped in using about the same force the old one came out with. No filing needed.

The sights seem well made and are very bright in the light and the tritium is like any other night sight in the dark. Only thing I don't like about them is the front sight is very long, about 1" total and shortens the sight radius and also seems like that much of extension from the mount/base (1/2") could be vulnerable to getting bent if snagged or something.

I won't get to the range until next week to actually try them out.

I'll get some pics up later today, it's late and I'm tired.
'Near 8 months now... May we see your pics and get a range report??!? :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, I've forgotten about this. I do have pics of the LC9s with the new sights on. I'm not home right now but will get them up after I get back home

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here's a couple pics....

As far as a range report, these sights are much easier to see than the stock sights. The front sight not being pinned hasn't been a problem either and hasn't moved any. I centered both the front and rear sights when installing and i haven't needed to adjust them at all. It shoots dead on @ 7 yards.

I carry this just about every day either in a Zorn Skinny Rig kydex IWB holster or in a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster when wearing cargo shorts. I've had no problems with these sights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I put them on my LC9s too....couldn't be happier with them.
Sight picture frames up much easier on target than the old white dots.

They sit a little taller than the original sights.
The only adjustment that I found, was I needed to place the front dot over the bulls eye rather than under it to group on center

1 - 8 of 8 Posts