Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For most of my life I've always been interested in Single Actions of the .40 caliber persuasion, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt. Dabbled into the .41 field only very briefly, but did venture into that field.

Of late however, I entertained thoughts of having a mid-sized frame (Colt New Frontier or Ruger Blackhawk) Single Action with 7 1/2" barrel, flat top frame with adjustable sights, and taking either the .32-20 or the .357 Magnum round.

Now, understand, I have dabbled into the .357 Magnum, .32 H&R Magnum, and of course, .22 R.F. But none of those ever was exactly the gun I had in mind.

I did come across a Three-Screw Blackhawk .357 Magnum not too long ago. Had the aluminum alloy appendages and had been converted to the transfer bar mechanism, and sported a 6 1/2" barrel. In time, I rounded up a steel Old Army grip frame and steel ejector rod housing, and the innards to put it back as God intended Single Actions to be.

This the subject in question:

Located a 7 1/2" barrel take-off from a Colt New Frontier in .357 Magnum. Reasonable price, talked to Keith Warner, my gunsmith, and found compatible threads for the Ruger Blackhawk. So, I thought, new 7 1/2" Colt barrel, case hardened colors by Turnbull, reblue remainder, maybe in time new grips and........

Then the hall furnace had to be replaced............

Bob Wright

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
You have a great plan. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like a project right up your alley, Bob.
Can't wait to hear all of the ins & outs involved in the mating process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts