Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks unfired but I'm not good with guns so don't know. Had every thing in the box and was test fired Aug 11. I did stop by WM and picked up a 50 round box of Win. white box but have not fired it yet. Grandson has a 9mm and wants to go half on a 1000 round box. Looking at a Cheaper Than Dirt catalog prices are all over the place from Russian Brown Bear at 50/9.29(read somewhere don't use steel cases) on up to the TacOps at 20/21.19. What is a good brand of practice ammo for a SR9c? Best place to buy bulk? Just fired 1 short mag and all went well, it has a great trigger, very little effort.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Congrat's on a great find! Hope you enjoy! My wife shoots a lot of Remington hardball stuff through her Glock 19...seems to work just fine! No FTF's or other issues...gun gets cleaned after every trip to the range!

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
I've been having really good luck with this in my CZ75 SP01.

It's a fair price, in my opinion. I bought 500 rounds of it from them a couple of months ago and it works as well as Blazer or Winchester for just range plinking. I think it comes in at $199/1000.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice find on the SR9C. I've been shopping around here and a new one goes for around 500 OTD. If I ever find a deal on a good used one I will snap it up. I just bought 500 rounds of S&B 115 grain round from SGammo for 135.00 with shipping. I really like them but you have to check their site regularly because their inventory fluctuates. A friend of mine swears by sportsmansguide.com and they have great prices too. Enjoy that 9c!

·
Registered
332 Posts
For practice my SR9C spits out WWB, Remington, and Federal [and anything else I've fed it] with no indication of any problem.

As far as price goes I haven't been able to beat local prices. When you add shipping cost to the asking price of the online dealers Wal-Mart and so on is usually very competitive. If someone knows a better deal I'm all ears.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice find on the SR9C. I've been shopping around here and a new one goes for around 500 OTD. If I ever find a deal on a good used one I will snap it up. I just bought 500 rounds of S&B 115 grain round from SGammo for 135.00 with shipping. I really like them but you have to check their site regularly because their inventory fluctuates. A friend of mine swears by sportsmansguide.com and they have great prices too. Enjoy that 9c!
It was $385.15 OTD, new ones are 420-450 plus tax depending on which LGS I use. Sometimes one shop will beat the other and vice versa.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah, you got a great deal Steve, especially since it appears new! Prices here are slightly higher, 450 to 475 in the three places I checked on Saturday. My 500 sum included the governor's cut of the deal. Good thing I didn't walk in that store just before you did!;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Which # Uncle Mikes that WM sells will fit the SR9c? Need something quick while I look for a good holster, any suggestions to wear outside on my belt, OWB is that the correct abbreviation? My grandson ordered us a 1000 rounds from one of these sites suggested here, don't know which one as I have not talked to him but price was $203 with shipping.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I get American Eagle 124 grain FMJ for plinking. Order at least a dozen or more boxes at a time from Cheaper Than Dirt and you can make out pretty good. Used hundreds of American Eagle without a problem. I recover my brass, as well. So, it also helps restock the brass bin!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice purchase! I just got mine locally and paid $405.00 plus $25 doc. fee and tax. Very happy with it. I've only put about 120 rounds through it - all ball ammo)- A combination of Blazer brass, Winchester white box and Federal brass case. Everything fed wonderfully and I had no issues whatsoever. I have some PMC Bronze that I didn't have a chance to try yet and some bulk factory reload stuff from a local outfit here. My buddy has shot thousands of rounds of it, so I'll try it and see how it does. Prices for practice ammo are not too bad here, so it's not a huge cost saving to shoot reloads.
I can still pick up CCI/Blazer for about $11/50 rounds.

Of course my problem is that I love both of my 9mm pistols so much that I can go through 200 rounds and it seems like I only shot 50. It's the downside of having too much fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.