Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I just got my 10 rd mags today for my KP345. The only problem is I can only get 7 rds in them instead of the 10rd I'm supposed to get. I used the magazine loader that came with the weapon no help. There is space for the round I can see it. The magazines look exactly like the pic except my mags have six holes on the side instead of five. Can I get some helpful insight on what I need to do.[?]

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Are these mags more substantial in length than your std mags? 10 rd mags should be much longer than your 8 rd factory std mags.
What brand are they?
Will they lock up in your gun?

You may have received the wrong mags by mistake.

If they sent you old stock ruger factory 7 rd mags by mistake, I'll gladly purchase them from you if you don't want them.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Based on the photo those are standard cap mags. The 10 rounder I've seen have an extended base plate. What brand are they? The plastic follows look like Pro-mag but my Pro-mag's are black, not stainless.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Have you tried shooting with them and if so are they reliable? I would rather have a reliable
7 rounder with one more in the pipe than any 10 rounder. Wilson makes a reliable 8 rounder for
the 1911, but thats another story. If they are reliable I would keep them and use them.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Those aren't 7 rd mags for a P90 are they??
Here's a Pro mag that is supposed to hold 8 rds but will only hold 7. I use it for a range mag and it works fine and 7 rds is all I ever load in my P97 mags anyway.
Baker

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a pair that I bought on ebay that look exactly like the pair you have. Definitely not 10 rounders. They are standard capacity.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They where the wrong mags.[:0] I shipped them back first thing Monday morning. I'll have the right ones soon. I'll keep you guys posted.;)

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts