Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All signed up for my CCW class on January 9th, 2016. Looking forward to finally getting this done. Now I need to get to the range for some practice.

They require 20 rounds at 12 feet, 20 rounds at 21 feet and 10 rounds at 30 feet.

I hope I'm up for the challenge ...

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
RM63 ... ... Congrats on your decision to join the ranks of those who take responsibility for their personal defense. Practice often, carry everywhere legal and stay safe :).

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats on signing up. You will do fine.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You will do fine and congrats in joining the ranks. Use the weapon you shoot best. Its all good.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks guys ... now I need to figure out what gun ... SR1911 (very nice trigger) my P94 (very accurate) or SR22 (very easy and accurate) ...
That's an interesting question. My first thought is to use the one you plan to carry. My second thought is to use the one you are most accurate with just to get over the hurdle and then train later with your carry piece.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RM63 ... ... Congrats on your decision to join the ranks of those who take responsibility for their personal defense. Practice often, carry everywhere legal and stay safe :).
Congrats on signing up. You will do fine.
You will do fine and congrats in joining the ranks. Use the weapon you shoot best. Its all good.
Practice and you will do it.
That's an interesting question. My first thought is to use the one you plan to carry. My second thought is to use the one you are most accurate with just to get over the hurdle and then train later with your carry piece.
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I got out to the range last night and was tearing it up with my P-90 (45 acp) so I think I will be using it. The gun I plan on carrying (at least until I find something else) is my P-94 DAO but using it for my class would really put the pressure on. I haven't been in a classroom since my college days ... it should be interesting.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just booked my appointment with the county sheriff's office, so when I pass the CCW course i'll be ready to go.

Not many appointments available here in my county.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
All signed up for my CCW class on January 9th, 2016. Looking forward to finally getting this done. Now I need to get to the range for some practice.

They require 20 rounds at 12 feet, 20 rounds at 21 feet and 10 rounds at 30 feet.

Move to Florida. The instructor is required to see you safely discharge a handgun. Hitting anything is optional. :)

It's why I teach the NRA First Steps class for certification. That requires some shooting knowledge and practice.

Jeff

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I did it ...

Well I took my CHL class yesterday and passed with flying colors! Well all most.

Written test I got a 96% on a 50 question test. I missed 2 questions. Each question worth 2 points.
The shooting I scored 100%, that included 3 rounds with dominant hand only and 3 rounds with my reactive hand (non dominant).

After all the stressing I was going through I couldn't be happier. :D

If anyone in the Cleveland, Ohio area is looking for a REPUTABLE CHL instructor I would highly recommend COMMENCE FIRE. Top notch all the way!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Congrats! You have now joined the ranks of "the solution". :D

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Well I took my CHL class yesterday and passed with flying colors! Well all most.........
rm63 ... Glad that all went as planned. Congratulations :)

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Second to last step ... I think

Well one more step over with. Had my CC appointment today. Appointment was for 3pm ... signed in at 2:52, they took me back did all the finger printing, took my picture and took my check for $67. Walked back to the front desk and signed out at 2:59. I joked with the deputy behind the desk that the lady who was doing the appointments must of felt sorry for me. She responded, no she is just that good! I should know one way or the other in about 7-10 days.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nicely done Sir. We knew you would do it!
Thank you ... looking forward to my first legal day of CC ...

gun ... check
holster ... check
cc license ... in about 7-10 days ...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.